Am I being over critical?

grhmw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium
I have a 2020GT Premium PP1 that I bought last November. Has 2580 miles on it. At the end of March, driving on freeway a truck in front of me kicks up something big and solid and hits front of my car. I took it to my Ford dealer. All the front bumper/grills smashed up, AC condenser and left side subframe damaged plus other damages. 1 month later its “fixed”. Hood sits lower now than it originally did ( they have supposedly adjust it 3 times at my demand) and is still not right. They repainted the hood and has flaws in the paint. The steering wheel is still not centered after aligning twice already.
My question is, Would you guys be ok with this?
What would you do?
I have a lifetime warranty on this, but that doesn’t mean anything if I have to tell them to fx it over and over again without positive results.
Forgive me for venting my frustration on you!
Sponsored

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
It's your car. You paid for it with your hard earned money. You have them fix it to YOUR satisfaction, not theirs. The work is done when YOU are happy with it. Period.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I have to agree with P2, push them to fix it right, if not, elevated to Ford customer service.

Deleted member 35644

When you say the hood sits lower, is that in reference to the grille panel, or the fenders? I love these cars, but bless Ford's heart, fit & finish is not their strong suit. Mine's never been touched, and I've just had to strike a happy medium between the hood / fender gap, and hood / grille gap. There is no adjustment that will bring them all together perfectly. All the Focuses I've had were that way as well. So, I'm guessing that it's like the old saying, things never go back together the way the factory put them together. I'd say you got lucky if yours was perfect to begin with. If it's just the hood / grill gap that's bothering you, I don't know why they can't bring that into line. Just remember that adjusting the hood will then set your hood/fender gap off, so they need to concentrate on the grille.

Flaws in the paint: Is this actually the paint, or are you seeing a weird texture in the clear coat? This is usually an easy fix unless they actually messed up the base coat. This, I would not accept, depending on severity. Small spot - not worth risking something more unsightly by having it re-done. Large patch? Do over.

Kind of disheartening that an alignment tech can't get your wheel straight after two tries. Re-do. A crooked steering wheel messes with my OCD, and it's just plain wrong.

Sponsored

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
When my Ruby Red got rear ended the first time, the body shop had to repaint the rear bumper cover twice, and the trunk lid because they damaged it while buffing the car. First time the cover had orange peel. The second time the tinted clear had runs and sags in it. At one point I drug the owner out of his office and asked if he would accept this work on his personal car.

As nitpicky as it may sound, never settle.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It's a Ford, poor fitting panels and shit paint come with the territory. My 15 GT had horrible fit and finish from the factory so I just accepted it

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
It's a Ford, poor fitting panels and shit paint come with the territory. My 15 GT had horrible fit and finish from the factory so I just accepted it
At a previous dealer I worked for our body shop service advisor said something of that nature to a customer with a Mustang. "Sir it's a Ford not a Ferrari, it will never be perfect." He was fired that afternoon.

OP
OP

grhmw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium
The hood sat fine before the accident. I know they don’t have perfect alignment from factory, but mine was pretty good. When I pop the hood you can see it jump up because it is stressed too low to catch the latch. The paint flaws are in the base coat. I am going to take it back next wee and have it in with the manager. I won’t accept it as it is.
Just pisses me off that they honestly thought that this quality of work is acceptable.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Was the repair out of pocket, or through insurance?

Don't settle for a bad repair, have them get it right and maybe consider contacting Ford directly, it sounds like they have had enough cracks at this that it should escalate.

Activate the Karen within if you have to.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
At a previous dealer I worked for our body shop service advisor said something of that nature to a customer with a Mustang. "Sir it's a Ford not a Ferrari, it will never be perfect." He was fired that afternoon.
An honest salesman never makes sales.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I mean there is allot of truth there though.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
A Chevy dealership's collision department put my bumper on straighter and repainted the hood better than it came from Ford.
Honestly, that's not very hard to do.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
How close is the next Ford dealership with a body shop?
I'd go there if you ford dealer can't get it right $50k+ car needs to be fixed RIGHT!

OP
OP

grhmw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium
Was the repair out of pocket, or through insurance?

Don't settle for a bad repair, have them get it right and maybe consider contacting Ford directly, it sounds like they have had enough cracks at this that it should escalate.

Activate the Karen within if you have to.
Actually both
Main damage to front end was thru insurance. The hood being repainted I paid for. It had some paint chip from rocks that were there before accident.
Sponsored