Am I a bad person?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I think what irritated most was Ford using the Mustang name on it. I get why they did it, but bugged me as well. As for the Mach E, it’s a really good vehicle if what it does suits your needs. Your absolutely correct to, every one of them produced is sold and good luck finding one on a lot.

So far it's quite the opposite - they literally can't make them enough. I looked one up a week ago or so and Ford's website says you can't order one this year anymore, have to find one on the lot.
Apparently not everyone thinks it was such a poor move.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
..note to self.. :devil:

It could have been a flat tire. I actually didn't even consider the driver's feelings. It was a nice weather day and that person was safe. They just got delayed on their way home. Annoying, but not catastrophic. I think the joy was related to people driving by who would be that much less likely to buy a Mach E now after having seen one broken down.

I've never seen a Tesla broken down, by the way. I see a lot of them on the road, though.

I do feel a little guilty about wanting Ford to fail after naming an all-electric SUV MUSTANG. However, I also feel that Ford kind of deserves it. It's not my fault that Ford did this. Everyone thinks it was a poor move on their part. At least everyone who has ever come up to me and talked to me about it. Car people, non-car people they all think Ford shouldn't have done it.
It’ll never be a real Mustang, but for an electric vehicle which imho are generally pretty ugly, that’s about the best looking effort out there. Still don’t think they should have called it a Mustang.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
A friend of mine bought a Mach E for his wife. When he starts talking about the Mach E I always tell to fill it with cement and use it for an anchor! He said to me I have to tell you something really stupid I did! During the winter he went up north to go skiing for a few days. They didn’t have any charging stations for it up there. He had to rent a car to get around from the hotel to restaurants to the slopes because the Mach E only had enough of a charge to get home. I told him that wasn’t as stupid as telling me about it. He drives a C7 ZO6 Corvette and is on the list for a C8 ZO6. So he has some brain cells that are working!

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A friend of mine bought a Mach E for his wife. When he starts talking about the Mach E I always tell to fill it with cement and use it for an anchor! He said to me I have to tell you something really stupid I did! During the winter he went up north to go skiing for a few days. They didn’t have any charging stations for it up there. He had to rent a car to get around from the hotel to restaurants to the slopes because the Mach E only had enough of a charge to get home. I told him that wasn’t as stupid as telling me about it. He drives a C7 ZO6 Corvette and is on the list for a C8 ZO6. So he has some brain cells that are working!
I'd say it's a decent choice as a third or fourth car for someone with lots of extra cash.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
No it doesn't, but people work hard for their money and you never know where that person was going when they were stopped from getting there.

Well not for nothing, it will be the new excuse for being late to work or not able to get there.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
My wife’s daily is an Explorer St, but the reality is for her to and from work and what she does thr Mach E would be a good choice. For me the Mach E would never sound like it should, which is what her St sounds like at startup with a Borla exhaust. Lol.

I'd say it's a decent choice as a third or fourth car for someone with lots of extra cash.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Do you know for sure it ran out of battery power (which I assume - maybe unfairly - is the point of your post) ? It could have broke down, same way GT350 with blown engines ended up on the tow truck, so I honestly don't understand being happy about someone's misfortune.
Hello; To be correct I do not know it ran short of juice. I do not know from the information posted same as everyone else. Could have stopped to make a safe phone call.
Yeah i jumped to an unsupported conclusion much the same as you did in saying I was happy about someone's misfortune. I re-read my post and did not see anything about being happy over the deal.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I was thinking of starting a business where I would retrofit a small gas-powered generator into the trunk of any electric vehicle. That way the person could get the benefit of longer range, quicker refuels, etc. but it would still appear to their neighbors and co-workers that they were driving a pure electric vehicle.
Hello; I had thought about a small towable trailer with a generator to take along. I do not know how the systems work in terms of being recharged while driving. Maybe not possible.
The city of Knoxville TN had service trucks patrolling the many interstate lanes passing thru. At least one fellow got cut off from the free gas service after too many times. Not sure they still have those service trucks with today's prices.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I was thinking of starting a business where I would retrofit a small gas-powered generator into the trunk of any electric vehicle. That way the person could get the benefit of longer range, quicker refuels, etc. but it would still appear to their neighbors and co-workers that they were driving a pure electric vehicle.
So you’re going to open a Toyota shop and sell Prius?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Actually, he may be much smarter than he appears to be at first glance. The clue that gives him away is that he bought it for his wife, not for himself. :wink:
Now, picture his wife left stranded somewhere far from home, a hundred miles away from the nearest charging station, while he is enjoying a glass of good wine with his mistress in front of the fire...
I'm telling you, he's a cunning man. 😁

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No it doesn't, but people work hard for their money and you never know where that person was going when they were stopped from getting there.
Do you know for sure it ran out of battery power (which I assume - maybe unfairly - is the point of your post) ? It could have broke down, same way GT350 with blown engines ended up on the tow truck, so I honestly don't understand being happy about someone's misfortune.
Who cares? These people are the reason why these disgusting monstrosities exist. They are the reason why we, normal people, who love normal cars, are under attack and losing the battle. They make the world an uglier place. So if we rejoice in their misfortune... serves them right. :devil:

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Man Vlad Soare ! a triple ........... very well said :champagne:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And the bold is why I don't see an BEV ever working for me as a primary vehicle.

Several times per summer, I head to northern MN for some R&R with friends at a favorite rustic resort. It's 238 miles door to door. Since much of the electrical systems in the cabins is very old and marginal at best, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the owners will never install EV charging capability; it's possible that the state/DNR wouldn't allow it. After I roll in with a load of gear, I then use my truck to do truck things. An EV might get me there but from there I'm screwed unless I bring a generator. And who wants to listen to that run constantly when the primary reason for going is the R&R? It's ridiculous.

EVs are probably fine for general commuting, but the closest thing I see myself accepting would be a hybrid....

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
And the bold is why I don't see an BEV ever working for me as a primary vehicle.

Several times per summer, I head to northern MN for some R&R with friends at a favorite rustic resort. It's 238 miles door to door. Since much of the electrical systems in the cabins is very old and marginal at best, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the owners will never install EV charging capability; it's possible that the state/DNR wouldn't allow it. After I roll in with a load of gear, I then use my truck to do truck things. An EV might get me there but from there I'm screwed unless I bring a generator. And who wants to listen to that run constantly when the primary reason for going is the R&R? It's ridiculous.

EVs are probably fine for general commuting, but the closest thing I see myself accepting would be a hybrid....
Answer: Ford Lighting
Sponsored