Sponsored

Aluminum Transmission pan w drain hole or plug???

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi Guys-

Im looking to add an aluminum transmission pan w drain hole or plug, over the plastic stocker. What are some of my options?? Looking for quality part that wont break the bank.

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I use this pan on my Gen2.

IMG_9648.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
Love these, nice pieces!!!!!!! I wonder if you have to add more trans fluid since the capacity is raised?? Whatcha think?
I had a 91 foxbody w a B&M deep sump pan (needed an additional 3 quarts more)*

Thanks Ant
That would be a question for PPE. If it has the same dimensions as stock, fluid amount would be the same.
Don't know if I'd do a deep sump. I wouldn't want anything hanging, but my car is lowered, too.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
That would be a question for PPE. If it has the same dimensions as stock, fluid amount would be the same.
Don't know if I'd do a deep sump. I wouldn't want anything hanging, but my car is lowered, too.
Thanks for reply! Good call, i may give them a shout. I was thinking more fluid would be good, better cooling. etc. But knowing how finicky these 10 speeds are and how ford constantly shorted 1 -2 quarts fluid from factory, getting them FULL and perfect would be a chore. I wish FORD would give us a real dipstick option instead of that mini thing on the side of trans.. Ughhhhh!

John S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Very satisfied with the PPE stock depth 10R80 oil pan. No OEM would ever spend the money for such an upgrade but the quality, fit, and finish are worth it for my son's application.
PPE 10R80 pan - stock depth.jpg
PPE 10R80 pan interior vs stock pan.jpg

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Very satisfied with the PPE stock depth 10R80 oil pan. No OEM would ever spend the money for such an upgrade but the quality, fit, and finish are worth it for my son's application.
PPE 10R80 pan - stock depth.jpg
PPE 10R80 pan interior vs stock pan.jpg
WOW!!! What a quality piece, love it!!!!!!! Just the fact that you have a drain plug makes life soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier to drain and refill trans. 1000% better!!!
Thanks Anthony

P.S. How long was install?

Sponsored

John S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
WOW!!! What a quality piece, love it!!!!!!! Just the fact that you have a drain plug makes life soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier to drain and refill trans. 1000% better!!!
Thanks Anthony

P.S. How long was install?
Installation is a breeze - it's an afternoon project to remove the heat shield and swap pans. The pan gasket is re-useable and a modified garden sprayer to pump oil into the fill port are simple tasks. However, setting the proper fluid level is a nightmare (there is a specific procedure you can look up) because accessing the dip stick is hampered by the hot exhaust pipe getting in the way.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Installation is a breeze - it's an afternoon project to remove the heat shield and swap pans. The pan gasket is re-useable and a modified garden sprayer to pump oil into the fill port are simple tasks. However, setting the proper fluid level is a nightmare (there is a specific procedure you can look up) because accessing the dip stick is hampered by the hot exhaust pipe getting in the way.
How much fluid did you need to fill back up? And did you do the fill procedure to the T eg. getting the temp up to 206*+ and then verifying?

John S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Followed the procedure exactly per the service manual - what a pain. I changed the filter while the pan was off and I needed almost ten quarts to dial in the proper level. The hex head filler plug can be a challenge to break loose , just be sure you have a good fit with a socket or wrench so you don't damage the "soft" aluminum.
Ford 10R80 dipstick.jpg
Sponsored