Sponsored

Already put 2300 miles on my shelby gt350

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So my question for the OP is with that many miles experience and given the performance of this engine design at higher rpm, while you are driving do you tend to keep it in lower gear at rpm over 3500 during regular use rather than upshifting. In other words due to design for track and less responsiveness at lower end, do you drive it differently (or would it be more fun to) than other cars for non track daily drive use? And if so any problems with overheating?
Sponsored

Danger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015, Performance Package, Ingot Silver
Did you name her yet, your dog is going to be so jealous. :D

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the video...glad to see people actually travel in this car. Watching the vid I was just hoping not to see a deer pop out of the ditch though!:eyebulge:

db1122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350 white w blue
Regular driving I am cruising at lower RPM. Does not have the torque on tap at 2000-3000 RPM but thats where I am finding myself in regular driving.

The only adjustment I have found myself making over my other car (audi s4) is staying out of 6th in lower speed limit areas (45 / 50) My s4 I can get to 6th and under regular driving just stay there (even if its a 45 mph zone and uphill) in the 350 this is a no go

If I toggle myself to "sportier driving" mode i was keeping it 3000-4000 which has the 350 ready to pounce

So my question for the OP is with that many miles experience and given the performance of this engine design at higher rpm, while you are driving do you tend to keep it in lower gear at rpm over 3500 during regular use rather than upshifting. In other words due to design for track and less responsiveness at lower end, do you drive it differently (or would it be more fun to) than other cars for non track daily drive use? And if so any problems with overheating?

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
I agree. I spend money on things to enjoy them (unless they're necessities). If I ever have enough money to comfortably afford ferraris, lambos and the like, I would buy them to drive, not sit in a lot.
Good for you OP. I Put 10K miles on my F430 in three years, took it everywhere for any reason. It was the greatest joy of my life. We all do things our own way, but I am no collector of cars, they are consumables and I am going to empty the can. And then get a new can of something else fun and cool and repeat until I am in the ground.......Steve

Sponsored

87IROCZOWNER69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost and 1987 IROC-Z
Nice you're more of a man than me as I couldn't bring myself to do that to such a car (I'm an ecoboost owner) lol. Congrats to you on the car and your road trip and may you have many more miles of smiles to come.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance

Sorry about the wait guys, but I think someone already posted it on here. Im no hollywood star and I don't like being on camera but I did the best I could.

Thanks - BG
Thanks for the story & vid, BG — did you pick up your car from Jeff Greenly at Yocum? Or do I still have a chance to see a GT350 in person in PA up in Lansdale? He told me early this week he had one coming in, but I never asked him when.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I think everyone is interested in general reviews from new owners and videos - in car, cruising. I'm not suggesting you break the law but I'm curious to see a pull next to a 2015 GT :)
Okay, I'll suggest it then — somebody run a regular GT PP with your 350, and tell us at what point in the power band you start pulling away!
:headbang:

arcadewilco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
Bring that baby to Cars and Coffee this Saturday. We all want to see and hear it :headbang::ford: