Sponsored

ALPHA ONE S550 Widebody Redners/Pictures

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Alpha One has the right to price their products at whatever they deem justified. But you have to also factor the cost of paint and labor, which averaged about $2K (if you lucky) and add that to the $10k you are asking for your kit. I was the one that mentioned Liberty Walk charging $30K for their kit, then again, if you driving an Aventador or 458, money isn't the issue. But their full widebody kit for the Dodge Challenger is only $4,000. Yes it not full carbon, but I doubt carbon fiber will add another $6K to the price tag. Now I know the Mustang is a global car, from Europe to Asian, and you will find customers willing to fork over their money for your kit, but keep in mind, $10K is 1/3 the price of a Mustang GT. I used to owed a Dinan M3, for $12K, Dinan installed a supercharger, 4 sets of rims, Dinan tuned full suspension, and my Dinan M3 is under full warranty from BMW because Dinan is a trusted tuner. You also have Techart, AC Schnitzer, Hamann, that have been tuning BMWs and Porsches for decades and are trusted throughout the car culture, yet all their products are priced accordingly. I would love to see you guys become successful because not doubt, you love and have a passion for what you do, but since the Mustang is a global car, I guaranteed within 6-12 months, multiple shops will be offering kits similar to yours for less then 1/2 the price. There are already shops in LA that do full sheet metal widebody mustangs that was featured in the Need for Speed Shelby, paint, labor, full kit including front and rear bumper, $7K.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alphamale_Performance

Alphamale_Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alphamale-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Alpha ONE S550 Widebody
Alpha One has the right to price their products at whatever they deem justified. But you have to also factor the cost of paint and labor, which averaged about $2K (if you lucky) and add that to the $10k you are asking for your kit. I was the one that mentioned Liberty Walk charging $30K for their kit, then again, if you driving an Aventador or 458, money isn't the issue. But their full widebody kit for the Dodge Challenger is only $4,000. Yes it not full carbon, but I doubt carbon fiber will add another $6K to the price tag. Now I know the Mustang is a global car, from Europe to Asian, and you will find customers willing to fork over their money for your kit, but keep in mind, $10K is 1/3 the price of a Mustang GT. I used to owed a Dinan M3, for $12K, Dinan installed a supercharger, 4 sets of rims, Dinan tuned full suspension, and my Dinan M3 is under full warranty from BMW because Dinan is a trusted tuner. You also have Techart, AC Schnitzer, Hamann, that have been tuning BMWs and Porsches for decades and are trusted throughout the car culture, yet all their products are priced accordingly. I would love to see you guys become successful because not doubt, you love and have a passion for what you do, but since the Mustang is a global car, I guaranteed within 6-12 months, multiple shops will be offering kits similar to yours for less then 1/2 the price. There are already shops in LA that do full sheet metal widebody mustangs that was featured in the Need for Speed Shelby, paint, labor, full kit including front and rear bumper, $7K.

Thank you very much for your feedback. And yes you are right, the price tag is steep but also because this is based on our way of producing now. Our costs making it the way we are making it and where we are making it are very high.

Once the Bodykits go into serial production we will also update the price accordingly.. What we are trying is to supply our customers with a product that not only looks great but also fits and is a great quality.

I personally heard horror stories at the SEMA show when i spoke to people about their 3-4k bodykits and they had to spend twice and the initial money was down the drain.

With that being said, our Bodykit will never be that "cheap" considered to others but we are working on a more price sensitive price. However we need to consider our manufacturing costs for it.

It would be interesting to see what people would pay for such a Kit and then we can see from our side if we can make it happen.

To get back to the challenger Kit from Liberty walk,

They are charging 4,800 USD for a Ducktail and 4 fender flares and 5,800 USD if they include a frontspoiler. All the parts are made out of FRP and not carbonfiber.

The Challenger is priced similar as a Mustang i believe.

Our Bodykit includes 19 Pieces of parts with alot of carbonfiber goodies.

We are actually having a meeting today with our Management to discuss manufacturing, lead times, and also a price point.

Keep in mind that most of our business goes through dealers so they got to get discounts from us too.. if it would only be retail business the kit would already be cheaper

OP
OP
Alphamale_Performance

Alphamale_Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alphamale-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Alpha ONE S550 Widebody
Check out our Black Friday/ Cyber Monday Sale http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36791
Sponsored