All those with a ten speed auto

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
I am a little unhappy with the shift programming of my 10 speed auto. I even bought the performance package upgrade from Ford Performance in the hopes that the new transmission programming would be better. But, all I got was another 19HP and 18FTLBs of torque. I have been using my paddle shifters lately to try and see if they will help with the existing program, but I haven't noticed any difference when I let it shift on its own. Anybody out there know of a way to program it to shift at the optimal rpm?
Sponsored

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
You might try Sport mode and let the trans shift itself.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
You might try Sport mode and let the trans shift itself.
I almost always drive in either sport or sport+. Don't see any improvement in shifting parameters. It overrevs or waits to long to downshift. Just isn't as responsive as I would like.

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
What specifically don’t you like?
Don't like when you put your foot into it how it will go past the optimal rpms before shifting. It then will shift harshly and then if you are going into a sharp turn and braking hard, it just stays in the same gear instead of shifting down. My 16, with its 6-speed auto would shift more promptly going up or down, especially after going to the track a few times. I thought that the 10-speed would after awhile adjust the programming to how I drive. But, it hasn't

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried a relearn procedure?
Not sure what you mean. I quite often drive with using the paddles in the hopes that the program will finally understand what I want. Is that what you mean?

Sponsored

OP
OP
1emglenn

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
There is a procedure for resetting everything and starting the learning process from scratch. I believe it is in the manual. The situations you have described are not at all how mine behaves. Particularly what you described with braking. Mine will downshift very firmly in a braking situation. Try the relearn process.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I just almost always use paddles. More fun imo.
Sponsored