Sponsored

All that’s left is the sound.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Was in a relatives Z06 Corvette yesterday when at a traffic light a new car called LUCID sided us. It’s a gorgeous car, that is apparently electric and spanked the living crap out of the Z06. It wasn’t even close. These cars are becoming quickly more popular here. I suspect our expectations may soon be clouded by memories. May the sound live on as it will be all we’ll have left. Soon our Mustangs will be among the slowest cars on the street. :frown:
Looks like the world is getting ready to bury our cars.
Sponsored

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
IIRC the $200K , 1100 Electric HP Lucid Air Dream is the only version Lucid is currently shipping.

So, Yeah it'll spank damn near all cars , and I suspect most sport bikes.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Was in a relatives Z06 Corvette yesterday when at a traffic light a new car called LUCID sided us. It’s a gorgeous car, that is apparently electric and spanked the living crap out of the Z06. It wasn’t even close. These cars are becoming quickly more popular here. I suspect our expectations may soon be clouded by memories. May the sound live on as it will be all we’ll have left. Soon our Mustangs will be among the slowest cars on the street. :frown:
.....there will always be something faster out there.
Unless you have unlimited resources, someone can out build you.
I'm happy listening to my stang with every cold start 😀 No EV can replace that sound!
Just wait until they need to replace those batteries!

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
As above, Lucid is only shipping the highest end, 1,111 HP Air Dream Edition right now—and only recently, at that. Lucky you to spot one.

On a more accessible ("accessible" in big quotes—$200,000 vs. $77,000 😂) level; their lowest spec Air Pure will supposedly be rated to 480hp. Assuming those numbers come out true, that's got a good 20hp on most of the S550—and if that base model's not too much of a pig, it may still be in the 3.x second range, like the touring and grand touring versions.

But that's alright. Just two different hammers.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; The nature of the electric motor gives the quick torque for fast off the line starts. If drag races are the main measure an EV may be the way to go. I look for other things in a car.
It would be more interesting to me to know how the two cars did over the road in my area. Back in the 1980's I was heading to Kingsport TN. from Harlan KY at the same time as a fellow I know. He was in a big motor Camaro and I was in a 1972 Porsche 914 with a 1.7 liter engine. I had maybe 75 to 80 HP. He had much more.
The guy in the Camaro took off first and for a while stayed ahead. He was a lot faster on the straight sections. But on a particular twisty part of the two lane roads I got by. I left him long behind and got to Kingsport minutes ahead.
The EV's are quick to accelerate but from what I read are heavy. To get more range bigger battery packs are stuffed into them, making them heavier still. Weight is not god for a road car.

If some how I was given a LUCID. I would sell the LUCID, buy a Corvette or a nice Mustang and pocket the extra money.

Sponsored

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue A10
I certainly hope ICE and EV can coexist until I'm dead...

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Dude, I like your posts, but I have to ask….what’s with the creepy memes, pics and avatar?
I'll be me ,you be you
Dude, I like your posts, but I have to ask….what’s with the creepy memes, pics and avatar?
Guess I'm just creepy

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Bury our cars, are they in some way exempt form the traffic laws? Seems to me even a car that holds the world speed record . Will be in the same traffic jams, sitting behind the school bus .

What is proved in a drag race form one red light to the next, first guy gets to sit there longer LMAO

Elecrtics are not going to find a charger crossing the desert.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
I know our old muscle cars,seem like a dinosaurs compared to the newer muscles cars,but they are still very much alive and desired, cars will change and get faster and mostly go electric, but the tradition of car Enthusiast will remain hopefully for many future generations, at least ther are companies trying to Compromise .this is a great Article.
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/futureproof-classic-car-to-ev-electric-car-conversions/

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know our old muscle cars,seem like a dinosaurs compared to the newer muscles cars,but they are still very much alive and desired, cars will change and get faster and mostly go electric, but the tradition of car Enthusiast will remain hopefully for many future generations, at least ther are companies trying to Compromise .this is a great Article.
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/futureproof-classic-car-to-ev-electric-car-conversions/
it would have been interesting if Ford's MACH E was made with the S550 platform. That would have at least done justice to the Mustang heritage. This was from 2017....with a 68 fastback.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
it would have been interesting if Ford's MACH E was made with the S550 platform. That would have at least done justice to the Mustang heritage. This was from 2017....with a 68 fastback.
I agree..not that fugly Mazda looking crossover bullshit !!should be called the Electric pino.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase