Sponsored

All season tires recommendation for 20 Bullitt to go thru mild winter.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I already checked that thread, but it is more about getting a new set of rims with winter tires. I want to get the A/S tires on current stock rims. :D

Thanks for your concerns though.
I just got done doing a drive while my turkey cooks. Twisty bumpy river roads on michlen a/s3. More grip than i can drive with out a ticket. Very responsive and great handling. I think that the as3 is plenty fast for street and some curves. I am switching 2 sets of rims and tires depending on temps. S4 for heat and as3 for winter. If i could only have 1 tire...as3
Sponsored

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I feel like I should wait for AS/4 tires to be available in sizes for the Bullitt because they’ll be “better” than AS/3. But I’m concerned they won’t be released this winter and the stock S4 tires are just so slippery below 45 degrees...

Am I over thinking it and should just get a set of AS/3 to enjoy this winter? Will the AS/4 version be that much better than AS/3?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I feel like I should wait for AS/4 tires to be available in sizes for the Bullitt because they’ll be “better” than AS/3. But I’m concerned they won’t be released this winter and the stock S4 tires are just so slippery below 45 degrees...

Am I over thinking it and should just get a set of AS/3 to enjoy this winter? Will the AS/4 version be that much better than AS/3?
Why not reach out to Michelin and find out when they are releasing the sizes you want. Personally if the ”4” isn’t available just get the “3”. I had them and they are excellent. Plus you need to get off that summer rubber.

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
I ran the AS/3s on my last car - an S4. I drive a truck in the winter but when the roads were good I wanted something that would let me drive the car and still have some grip. The. S4 sat if there was snow out. Might sound silly but the car was pristine and I got a huge amount for it when I sold it after buying the Bullitt.

They are not the ultimate performance tire but if you have have skill will still provide plenty of grip to take you to jail regardless of the temperature.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I'm in the same boat, but as I have a truck, I can DD that in the bad/cold weather, so not a high priority. The PS4's are OK in the cold, but even in the 40's I am breaking the rear tires loose more than I do when it is warmer.

AS3's are good tires, but depending how you drive, will give up grip and handling in the spring and summer. But like anything else, we adjust. What I HATE about this area is the brine they spray on the roads. It kills everything, and would like to spare the Bullitt this abuse if possible.

I would like to buy a second set of rims and throw some winter tires on, but not enough to drop $2K at this point.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I've got Eagle F1 A/S the Y speed rated version. I'm very happy with the rain and snow performance from these tires. I can out drive them in the dry but driving that hard on the street is not very responsible. I get decent mileage out of them also.

I find they work best at 35 psi cold. I'd like to try the A/S 3's or 4's when they come out.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I’ve got the new Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate on my Subaru very good grip in the dry and wet but haven’t had any snow yet here to compare to.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ve got the new Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate
They're reportedly the best rated UHPA/S tire, and the quietest, but unfortunately, not available in PP1 sizes for our Mustangs. I had the Michelin A/S3s on my ex M3 V8, and they were as noisy as the summer Pirelli P-Zero tires; highly disappointed with that. Also had the Conti DWS06s on my ex-Audi S6, and liked them better than the Michelins, but wasn't impressed by them either. Plus they look weird. Ha ha. Hoping the A/S4 and Exhilarate are out in PP1 sizes when I need tires in about a year, and see which tire comes on top from reviewers.
Sponsored