Mustangs

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
That's a good price for sure but I have to ask why buy the Handling package then put all season tires on it.

OP
OP

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
That's a good price for sure but I have to ask why buy the Handling package then put all season tires on it.
The factory tires can be damaged if driven in temperatures below 45F, at least that's what the warranty says. It was 28F this morning where I live. These will be my winter tires, I'll re-install the factory tires in March.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
The factory tires can be damaged if driven in temperatures below 45F, at least that's what the warranty says. It was 28F this morning where I live. These will be my winter tires, I'll re-install the factory tires in March.
Not much snow/ice your way, huh?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

Sponsored

michael_gjw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thanks a lot for the info! :thumbsup:
Got a set, apparently " Items Shipping from: Midway, GA ", and no tax for me. :rockon:

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Having an HPP car has nothing to do with tire selection.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have a 17 with the PP and when it was time for new tires I put on UHP all seasons. Here's why;
1. My car is a daily driver and I never push the car on the street to use all the capability of the summer tires that came on the car.
2. I had to put on the winter tires early October and could not put the summers back on until late April because of the cold mornings where the tires turned into hockey pucks.
3. The summer tires were not particularly good in the wet, especially when the temps dropped below 60.

The UHP all seasons I put on are smoother, quieter, work better in the wet in all conditions, aren't appreciably effected by the cold into the upper 20s and have twice the tread wear rating. I still put on winter tires but here we are in the first week of December and I am still on the all seasons and expect to be able swap back to them in March extending the life of my winter tires.

The only down side for me is the steering response is not quite as sharp as the summer tires.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Very much the same experience for me - the P Zero's the came on my '18 EBPP were just miserable when temps dropped into the 40's. I could tolerate taking it easy taking off from a light, but I can't always take it easy when hitting the brakes on my commute. The P Zero's didn't make it through their first winter before I replaced them with all-seasons. The Cooper RS3-G1's have been great so far. I'll get another set when I go up to 305's - partly because they're the only UHPAS that is available in 305/30.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It looks to me like those tires have a closeout price because they are 2017 production. Which should still be OK, but they aren't very fresh.

Sponsored

Jeff58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost HPP
I put all season tires on, 275/40/19 in back and 255/40/19 in front and sold the summer tires that came with it. My last 2 Mustangs I stored all winter but don't have that option any longer. I work from home and don't need to go out until the roads have been cleared if it snows here in Northern Illinois.. I still think Ford should offer the option of an $0 all season tire instead of the summer tires on the performance packages.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
I put all season tires on, 275/40/19 in back and 255/40/19 in front and sold the summer tires that came with it. My last 2 Mustangs I stored all winter but don't have that option any longer. I work from home and don't need to go out until the roads have been cleared if it snows here in Northern Illinois.. I still think Ford should offer the option of an $0 all season tire instead of the summer tires on the performance packages.
I second that. Both of my cars have been performance pack, 2015 PP1 and 2019 PP2.. each time I changed the OEM to a different AS performance tire specifically for winter months.

Although I don’t mind changing wheels/tires once a year it would be nice if Ford offered the summer tires as an option and AS tires as standard. I know it has alot to do with cost vs practical use but the Mustang was meant to be driven all year round except in extreme ( blizzard, snow and ice) conditions.

just my opinion.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Having an HPP car has nothing to do with tire selection.
The Ecoboost HPP with handling package is the only Mustang with 265/40r19 tires as the stock size.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I still think Ford should offer the option of an $0 all season tire instead of the summer tires on the performance packages.
Seriously? You buy a car with a performance package and then want A/S tires. Come on, no manufacturer is going to do that. It just doesn't make any sense from either a merchandising or marketing perspective.

I know it has a lot to do with cost vs practical use but the Mustang was meant to be driven all year round except in extreme ( blizzard, snow and ice) conditions.
In that case Ford should offer three types of tires. Summer, Winter and Spring/Fall. Then they could make these options available for different parts of the country/world. Don't need snows in Florida, or A/S in Maine.

And I guess you haven't seen the "putting my car away for the Winter" thread. Of course you can drive any car in any season, but a whole lot of Mustang owners put theirs away for the bad weather months.

Cost vs. practicality. Your right on that one. :like: :)

These are supposed to be the absolute business for an all season tire.
michelin cross climate 2.
Oh geez, this are Grand Touring tires. These are not for a Mustang. UHP's are the only way to go.
Sponsored