All Season Tires for 2021 Mach 1 with Handling Package

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I was not able to find an all season tire for my HP car, there may be some out there, but I wasn't able to source any based on Michelin or Bridgestone which I prefer. I went with Michelin 4S
Good choice with the 4S. That's the standard tire for the 2015 GT's at the Ford Performance Racing School in Charlotte and by most accounts are the 2nd only to the Sport Cup 2 for a street-legal performance tire.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator, Ford Explorer
Hi RAV. My Mach 1 is non-HP, so the wheels are 19 x 9/9.5 with P255/P275 40ZR19 Michelin Sport 4S (summer only) tires. The black ebony GT Premium wheels are 19 x 9 front and rear with P255/40ZR Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. I bought the wheels in 2019 via FaceBook marketplace -- a salesman at a local dealer bought them new from a new Mustang owner who changed the wheels as soon as his car was delivered. I upgraded the tires after wearing the original Pirellis. I bought my tires from Tire Rack and had them installed by ASAP mobile installers. Hope this is helpful!
Awesome. Very helpful. Okay... I suppose the only thing I need to verify is that 40 aspect ratio won't be an issue, i.e. if the Handling Package lowers the car, which I highly (highly) doubt ;-)

I had another question for you (off topic): Are the stripes on the hood and sides vinyl? Or are they painted on? My rep says that he is 99.9% sure they are vinyl. I ask because I plan on removing them, though I will make that assessment when I see the car first hand.

Lastly, are you happy with the car? Do you feel like it was worth the price?

Thanks!

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. Very helpful. Okay... I suppose the only thing I need to verify is that 40 aspect ratio won't be an issue, i.e. if the Handling Package lowers the car, which I highly (highly) doubt ;-)

I had another question for you (off topic): Are the stripes on the hood and sides vinyl? Or are they painted on? My rep says that he is 99.9% sure they are vinyl. I ask because I plan on removing them, though I will make that assessment when I see the car first hand.

Lastly, are you happy with the car? Do you feel like it was worth the price?

Thanks!
Totally delighted with the car. My first car was a '69 Mach 1 and this will probably be my last gas-powered one, so it was definitely worth the price (I didn't pay any ADM since I was one of the first to order.)

I looked up the diameters/circumferences of the different wheels/tires to make sure they weren't any larger than stock configuration. There are several online tools that can help compare even changing the profiles if you want to explore that.

The stripes are vinyl and can be removed. That's discussed in other threads.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I would run these all 4 corners...

1628882216566.png

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
I bought the BFG GForce Comp 2 all season for mine. In NJ as well. They handle pretty well. Swapped out my conti summer tires for these.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there. Just placed an order for a 2021 Mach 1 with Handling Package. I live in NJ and though I do not plan on driving the car through the snow (wink), I would like to take it out on dry winter days, but am aware that summer-only tires do not behave too well below a certain temperature, though I am not sure what that temperature is. Has anyone else fitted a Mach 1 with all season tires? Thanks!

mustang.jpg

Also, to be honest I have driven Mich PSS in below 45 deg. weather. Just don't drive like a hooligan. Even though it can be below that in temp the tire will heat up just from the vibration. Just be careful..

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Also, to be honest I have driven Mich PSS in below 45 deg. weather. Just don't drive like a hooligan. Even though it can be below that in temp the tire will heat up just from the vibration. Just be careful..
Concur on the be careful!!

OP
OP

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
Double-Concur. The Mach 1 won't be my daily driver (I have an Explorer) so I won't be driving it in the snow, and feel like I can warm the tires up slowly if I take it out on cold-dry days. I just have visions of getting caught in the snow when I am out there ;-)

OP
OP

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
Totally delighted with the car. My first car was a '69 Mach 1 and this will probably be my last gas-powered one, so it was definitely worth the price (I didn't pay any ADM since I was one of the first to order.)

I looked up the diameters/circumferences of the different wheels/tires to make sure they weren't any larger than stock configuration. There are several online tools that can help compare even changing the profiles if you want to explore that.

The stripes are vinyl and can be removed. That's discussed in other threads.
Funny. This - too - will be my last Gasoline powered car. In fact, I plan to buy the longest ESP warranty possible, because I'll want to be able to continue my weekend-greenhouse exploits even after I convert to an electric daily driver. (I already get my power home-power from wind and solar via Green Mountain - wink). I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the car and feel like the price was worth it. I feel better about my order now ;-)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The car I drove in was a 2008 328i with summer Michelin tires at Yosemite when it was 30deg out but sunny. I just drove like "Driving Miss Daisy".

Sponsored

MustangVelocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the BFG GForce Comp 2 all season for mine. In NJ as well. They handle pretty well. Swapped out my conti summer tires for these.
These are great tires. While I don't drive in the snow they are excellent in cold temp and wet conditions. One of the few A/S tires I could find at the time that came in a 305/35R20 size.

OP
OP

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
These are great tires. While I don't drive in the snow they are excellent in cold temp and wet conditions. One of the few A/S tires I could find at the time that came in a 305/35R20 size.
Oh. Nice. I could basically buy an extra set of front rims (e.g. 305/30R19) and then buy 4 of these tires (here) and I should be good to go. I would hardly think that the elimination of the 315 sized tires on the back would change the handling characteristics too much. Agree?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Hi RAV. My Mach 1 is non-HP, so the wheels are 19 x 9/9.5 with P255/P275 40ZR19 Michelin Sport 4S (summer only) tires. The black ebony GT Premium wheels are 19 x 9 front and rear with P255/40ZR Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. I bought the wheels in 2019 via FaceBook marketplace -- a salesman at a local dealer bought them new from a new Mustang owner who changed the wheels as soon as his car was delivered. I upgraded the tires after wearing the original Pirellis. I bought my tires from Tire Rack and had them installed by ASAP mobile installers. Hope this is helpful!
Update. I installed my "winter" tires on my Mach 1 yesterday. Not only are these all-season, the wheels are easy to clean!! All-season PS A/S 3+ is the center tire with the front OE 4S on the left and the rear on the right for comparison. Other two pics are for comparison of the OE wheels and the black ebony GT Premium wheels. Keeps the look pretty well (but I know at some point this season, some purist will challenge me for the "wrong" wheels on a Mach 1!)

PXL_20211117_201818205.jpg

PXL_20211117_195836562.jpg

PXL_20211117_202424318.jpg

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there. Just placed an order for a 2021 Mach 1 with Handling Package. I live in NJ and though I do not plan on driving the car through the snow (wink), I would like to take it out on dry winter days, but am aware that summer-only tires do not behave too well below a certain temperature, though I am not sure what that temperature is. Has anyone else fitted a Mach 1 with all season tires? Thanks!

mustang.jpg
You are right, driving in a NJ winter (even dry day) with Cup2's is a very bad idea. Frankly, even a high performance summer tire like PS4S is a bad idea. You are absolutely correct that you should look at some all-season options. Enjoy the car and stay safe.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I have a set of four Cooper Zeon all-seasons on order.....will be installed next week. I will report back on how they perform in the cold and wet here in the PNW. I have the HP package and the Cup2's are scary un-drivable this time of year. The tramlining is dangerous as hell on some of the high-usage freeways and roads here.
Sponsored