Sponsored

All Season Tire Help/Recomendations

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It's a booming business right now. The current company I work for has blown away its earnings over the last 2 years than it had for 45 years prior.
I manage our Video Surveillance dept and it's going gangbusters!
I'm sure with all the growth out there that it would be a good business if you hustle.
let me know if you need any advice.
Beyond putting tape over the camera on the computer, what other security measures should I be taking?

:cwl: :cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:
Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
These are what I decided to go with for the cold months on the HP until weather warms up and put the cup 2s back on.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....9RS3G1XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
Curious how these compare to the best winter tires.
As Iā€™ve mentioned a couple of times, there are better all seasons out there, but generally speaking they grip less well than winters in cold temps.
If a back to back test against a good winter tire showed that these could do the job, i would definitely consider them.

B4theLobotomy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma, 2019 4Runner, 2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Curious how these compare to the best winter tires.
As Iā€™ve mentioned a couple of times, there are better all seasons out there, but generally speaking they grip less well than winters in cold temps.
If a back to back test against a good winter tire showed that these could do the job, i would definitely consider them.
Yea I'm curious to see how they do in grip in colder temps. Agreed they're better A/S's out there but just have to go down on width. I wished there was something other than the coopers in all honesty around the HP size. These were the closet I found at 305/30r19 so I'm hoping by keeping them wider will help improve grip plus their graded as AA traction. I drove a Porsche with these coopers but in a 335 width they did good but that wasn't in winter plus it was AWD.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Yea I'm curious to see how they do in grip in colder temps. Agreed they're better A/S's out there but just have to go down on width. I wished there was something other than the coopers in all honesty around the HP size. These were the closet I found at 305/30r19 so I'm hoping by keeping them wider will help improve grip plus their graded as AA traction. I drove a Porsche with these coopers but in a 335 width they did good but that wasn't in winter plus it was AWD.
Another thing Iā€™m curious about: If this tire or any other M + S tire truly is as good as a winter tire for winter conditions, then why wouldnā€™t the manufacturer put the three peak symbol on it that designates it as such?
After all, there are many places where itā€™s required.
Here in Canada, they are required in Quebec, for example.
In Europe, itā€™s required to have tires with this symbol in winter in Germany (where they know a just a tiny bit, I think, about driving cars safely at high speed) and most, if not all, of Scandinavia.
If your tire meets the criteria, I canā€™t see why you wouldnā€™t label and sell it for what it is given that massive market for its mandatory use, which is on top of sales to consumers who freely choose to buy winter tires.
Unless, maybe, just maybe, its performance, like all other M + S tires, falls short of certain objective standards that have to be met before you can put the symbol on your tire.
To summarize: if it doesnā€™t say itā€™s a winter tire, that could be because itā€™s not good enough in winter conditions to be called a winter tire.

77CEBAAC-458C-46F2-B38D-C829DD6B2F79.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DesertDog

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I've got a set of four of the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1's in the 305/30/19 on order and will be installed in two weeks....I'll update on how they handle once on the car. I've found that on some roads up here in the top left-hand corner of the country the tramlining with the stock Michelin Cup 2's makes the car almost undrivable.

Sponsored

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1 with handling package
I just had my cup 2's replaced with cooper zeon rs3-g1's at 5500 miles. While the cup 2's have insane dry grip on the track, I could never get the tires to sufficient temps on the street outside of extreme 90f+ days, so most of the time they had terrible traction and were very much not confidence inspiring on the street. During any rain leaving any accumulation the limit was about 50mph before I could feel the hydroplaning start on the fronts.

After mounting the coopers I immediately noticed that the immediate direct steering response was gone, but there's still great feel of the road through the front and rear. So far on the street the coopers feel great and I have yet to be traction limited driving spiritedly on twisty roads. The limits of traction on this car even with these all seasons is way beyond what any logical person without the intent of committing vehicular manslaughter would dare attempt on the street. I've only gotten the chance to drive them in temperatures in the 50-70f range so far, but I'm very happy with how these tires perform on the street. I am curious to try these on the track to see how they perform against the ps4s and cup 2's on track.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Just put Conti extreme dws06 pluses on mine. So far so good. They get great ratings on tire rack. Iā€™m in Federal Way.
That is a good tire, used them on old G35.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
thinking of getting cooper RS3 for the winter months here in NJ.donā€™t need them to be good in snow just good in the dry,wet& cold.I put PS4S on my scat pack and love them, but had the same problem not be able to drive them in the car so was force to drive the 03 cobra for 3 months and park scat pack in garage.I got the PS4S because put Perelli nero A/s weā€™re worn out and the werenā€™t up to the task of trackdayā€˜s.
Sponsored