All new for 2018! Ford Mustang wheels: Project 6GR 10-TEN Spoke Shelby GT350 GT350R

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Need4SpeedMotors, Nov 14, 2015.

1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    0   0   0
    +1 running on stock wheels this weekend at BIR.....

2. SlowArrow

SlowArrow Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT350
    0   0   0
    Do you have any of the R spec wheels left from this run? Could you send me price and finish options? Thanks!

3. jonesd

jonesd Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 gt350
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    sent a pm about pricing

4. OP
    OP
    Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors Well-Known Member
    Diamond Sponsor

First Name:
    N4SM Team
    Vehicle(s):
    S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
    Rating:
    100%
    8   0   0
    Fellow enthusiasts! We would like to thank you all for your interest, support, and feedback in the development of the Project 6GR wheels.

We are extremely happy and excited to report that the first shipment has arrived on United States soil. The first shipment includes all the 20x10 and 20x11 sizes in both Satin Black and Satin Graphite finishes. The wheels will take a few days to clear customs and duties. We anticipate that the wheels will be arriving at our warehouse no later than this coming Wednesday or Thursday.

Our warehouse team is on stand by and ready to process your orders as soon as the wheels arrive. We will put the wheels through our strict inspection process prior to shipping a single wheel out. As enthusiasts ourselves, we pay close attention to the details.

At the time we would also like to update everyone on the status of the 19" sizes as well. Please keep in the mind that the 19" sizes were much more challenging and time consuming to confirm the molds because of the close tolerances created with the smaller barrel. To ensure proper fitments, we have had samples air freighted to us for test fitment to ensure the fitment before approving the molds. Additionally we have listened to our fellow enthusiasts in regards to the concavity depth. To be able to deliver the best design possible, we have gone through extra samples and fitment sessions to deliver one of the deepest concavity design available in the current market.

The 19" sizes are currently in the production phase. With the 19" having multiple sizes (19x10, 19x11, and 19x11.5) the production time is slightly longer than the 20" sizes. Until further notice, the manufacturer has informed us that the current ETA is roughly end of the June to mid July.

Once more, we sincerely appreciate everyone's patience, understanding, and support on the Project 6GR wheels. The project would certainly not be possible if it wasn't for the amazing response and support we have received from our fellow enthusiasts. Please rest assured that our entire team is doing everything we possibly can to make this process as fast as possible.

In the meantime we we will continue to perform test fits with different brand and sizes of tires to answer any fitment questions you may have. We will also be conducting more photo shoots to display different color combination of the wheel finishes on different trims to help with the decision process on what finish to go with. ​

5. 50 Deep

50 Deep Signature Wheel Ford Rep
    Gold Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT350R
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    So close and yet so far.....

Keep up the good work. Any specs or pics of the difference in concavity from 19 R spec to 20 inch wheels?

6. OP
    OP
    Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor

First Name:
    N4SM Team
    Vehicle(s):
    Rating:
    100%
    8   0   0
    Thanks brotha !

Ya ill grab you images we def have some shot images for concavity differences.

7. RoadRacer

RoadRacer Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT350
    0   0   0
    End of June or mid-July........that doesn't bring me joy!!:frusty:

8. OP
    OP
    Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor

First Name:
    N4SM Team
    Vehicle(s):
    Rating:
    100%
    8   0   0
    My apologies brotha we are trying our best to get them in as soon as we can, but as the saying goes I cannot rush perfection in the long run as the statement says we have gotten in multiple samples to check and recheck and recheck everything as per my damn OCD and the simple fact I want this wheel to be everything you guys imagine and desire and more.

SC_Ruby likes this.
  9. motoviper

motoviper Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT350R RR/black roof/elec GR174
    0   0   0
    This is not good. Still 60 days and now increasing.

10. Hermz

Hermz Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    350R
    0   0   0
    How is this not good? If you wanted a wheel today, there are numerous high quality manufacturers that would be happy to make your wallet lighter. We all jumped on this opportunity, I assume, because we are not going to find a better r-replica for the money.

I, for one, would rather wait for the very best wheel that can be produced. Why the rush?

11. Bender

Bender Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    17 LB GT350R HR909, 2017 AG Raptor Screw
    0   0   0
    As much as I hate waiting it gives more some more time to set some cash aside for new tires

Need4SpeedMotors and superman07 like this.
  12. superman07

superman07 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 gt350
    0   0   0
    Has there been a good pic of the 19s, especially on a gt350. That's what concerns me the most is we are now in may and I don't recall a decent set of pictures for the R spec on the actual car. Lots of 20s.

13. wildcatgoal

wildcatgoal @sirboom_photography

Vehicle(s):
    TBD
    0   0   0
    Meanwhile, I've had a panel of my car repainted because of a dent that had to be repaired and it was repainted a slightly different blue. Hard to find good help these days, and seems like N4S is good help, so I'll wait. But, then again, I did order the 20"s so me first! :)

Need4SpeedMotors likes this.
  14. R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
    0   0   0
    Guys it is what it is....you want the wheels right the first time around yes?..okay its like a custom suit you try parts of it on first before they sow the whole thing together...well they want to make sure the off set, stance is just right before making a permanent mold....then you want the lowest price on the planet, its got to come the lowest labor cost, with the greatest technology on the planet and that's China.....its a hell of a flight, now, think about a boat traveling at 13 MPH....it takes time

15. wildcatgoal

wildcatgoal @sirboom_photography

Vehicle(s):
    TBD
    0   0   0
    Pirates are going to steal all the 19"s... they've been stealing wheels here in Atlanta!

Hide yo kids!