Sponsored

Which finish would you like to see on the all new Project 6GR wheels?

• Gloss Black

Votes: 338 44.6%
  • Flat Graphite

Votes: 260 34.3%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 160 21.1%

• Total voters

Badluck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How hard of a process is this? How long did it take and what cleaning steps did you take before painting? I want to do the same and I bet this is A LOT cheaper than powder coating
My car had 300 miles on it when I painted them so no deep cleaning was needed. The G2 caliper kit comes with a can of brake cleaner, a small paint brush, paint color of your choice and paint hardener. I started by removing the front wheels then masked off the areas that i didnt want to get paint on. After I cut the paint and hardener in half because once you mix the 2 you have roughly 3 hours depending on the temp to paint them. I did the fronts one day and then the rears the next. Also it took me 3 coats per caliper to get a good looking coverage. I didn't remove the calipers and would have done a better job if I did. They look real good but I have a little OCD so the backs and areas that you can't see aren't painted but no one knows except me and the guy that will repair it one day. After you paint them you need to not drive it for a day or so to let the epoxy paint cure on its own.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My car had 300 miles on it when I painted them so no deep cleaning was needed. The G2 caliper kit comes with a can of brake cleaner, a small paint brush, paint color of your choice and paint hardener. I started by removing the front wheels then masked off the areas that i didnt want to get paint on. After I cut the paint and hardener in half because once you mix the 2 you have roughly 3 hours depending on the temp to paint them. I did the fronts one day and then the rears the next. Also it took me 3 coats per caliper to get a good looking coverage. I didn't remove the calipers and would have don't a better job if I did. They look real good but I have a little OCD so the backs and areas that you can't see aren't painted but no one knows except me and the guy that will repair it one day. After you paint them you need to not drive it for a day or so to let the epoxy paint cure on its own.
Thanks for the info, it looks killer!! I just had the wheels off last weekend and those calipers are DIRTY. I probably won't end up doing this for a while and may end up powder coating in the end. Choosing color will be hard too!

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Thanks for the info, it looks killer!! I just had the wheels off last weekend and those calipers are DIRTY. I probably won't end up doing this for a while and may end up powder coating in the end. Choosing color will be hard too!
do Deep Impact Blue calipers

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
do Deep Impact Blue calipers
I do think that would be sick and then do some red Brembo stickers or yellow, my only concern would be making sure the blue matched.

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
I do think that would be sick and then do some red Brembo stickers or yellow, my only concern would be making sure the blue matched.
If you get them painted or powdercoated you can have it matched.

Sponsored

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Happy Monday everyone !

So we have great news all pre orders have been shipped out and or are shipping out.

We have inventory sets for 20" staggered Gloss black, Satin Black and Satin Graphite as well as 19" R spec and 19" standard 6GR Wheels.

We are starting our Fall inventory Special on all inhouse 6GR wheels as well as other wheels we have in stock.

Contact us for info and deals.

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
Cleaned her up after work. Can't thank Paul and NFS Motorsports enough for these bad boys.
20161004_181834 (1).jpg

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Proud to release our coverage of the 20th Annual Ponies at the Pike sow in Long Beach with Need 4 Speed Motorsports. We would like to thank all of our Project 6GR family for attending and also for Beach Cities Mustang Club for putting on an amazing show.

To see the full coverage including images, please visit

20th Annual Ponies at the Pike with Project 6GR and Need 4 Speed Motorsports

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]eTaBsQKcRAQ[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored
OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
multiple times to 150mph and no vibrations...i realllly trust Paul lol

you didn't leave those funky washer things that sometimes come on the studs did ya?
Sponsored