Sponsored

ALL GT350/GT350R LEADS, ALLOCATIONS, DEPOSITS [READ FIRST POST]

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Hi guys, I’m a precious 2017 350 owner that went to the dark side with a 17 Z06. I’m sniffing around for 350R’s now.

I just used the spreadsheet and found a car I’d love to pursue out in Nevada. What’s the general approach you guys would suggest for reasonable offering price on a 2020 R? Are they likely going to laugh at me if I offer MSRP especially out in Vegas?

Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Hi guys, I’m a precious 2017 350 owner that went to the dark side with a 17 Z06. I’m sniffing around for 350R’s now.

I just used the spreadsheet and found a car I’d love to pursue out in Nevada. What’s the general approach you guys would suggest for reasonable offering price on a 2020 R? Are they likely going to laugh at me if I offer MSRP especially out in Vegas?

Thanks for any advice!
Do not bother dealing with Nevada. You have Gaudin ford and that POS "Mustang Manny" that requires you to bend over. There's Ford Country in Henderson that's also a POS, the two other dealers are lame as well. Your best bet is shopping in a state that has harsh winters

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Do not bother dealing with Nevada. You have Gaudin ford and that POS "Mustang Manny" that requires you to bend over. There's Ford Country in Henderson that's also a POS, the two other dealers are lame as well. Your best bet is shopping in a state that has harsh winters
Thanks for the heads up! Team Ford is who’s got the R. Don’t bother?

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. Looking at their website, they falsely are jacking up the MSRP by including the 10k markup, so that's already starting off bad.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Honestly, I wouldn't bother. Looking at their website, they falsely are jacking up the MSRP by including the 10k markup, so that's already starting off bad.
Good point. So I see some in MI, CT, IN. If they are available would MSRP even be possible to offer at this point? I live in AZ and the R’s are $10k ADM’s.

Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I'd offer MSRP and let them know you're a serious buyer. You never know... If you're specifically looking for Grabber Lime, your options will be limited.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Good point. So I see some in MI, CT, IN. If they are available would MSRP even be possible to offer at this point? I live in AZ and the R’s are $10k ADM’s.
All I can recommend is shopping in states that have harsh winters, cause if they are truly interested in moving inventory, they would most likely would be more open to budging.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
All I can recommend is shopping in states that have harsh winters, cause if they are truly interested in moving inventory, they would most likely would be more open to budging.
Awesome. I appreciate your help.
I imagine offering anything below MSRP is only suitable for straight 350’s (Non R) at this point correct?

jin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 Iconic Silver, 2020 GT350R Magnetic
Awesome. I appreciate your help.
I imagine offering anything below MSRP is only suitable for straight 350’s (Non R) at this point correct?
Smaller dealers seem to want to work with folks the best. I ordered and received my GT 500 in January from a small dealer in Iowa and my 2020 GT 350R in August from an even smaller dealer in Indiana. Both at MSRP. It's maybe getting a little late in the cycle to snare a 2020 R at MSRP but possible. You have to be looking all the time and not be afraid to offer MSRP. It's not necessary to pay ADM if you are willing to do the leg work. ADM and the sales tax are gone the moment you drive off the lot and depreciation begins....triple wammy!!!

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Smaller dealers seem to want to work with folks the best. I ordered and received my GT 500 in January from a small dealer in Iowa and my 2020 GT 350R in August from an even smaller dealer in Indiana. Both at MSRP. It's maybe getting a little late in the cycle to snare a 2020 R at MSRP but possible. You have to be looking all the time and not be afraid to offer MSRP. It's not necessary to pay ADM if you are willing to do the leg work. ADM and the sales tax are gone the moment you drive off the lot and depreciation begins....triple wammy!!!
Great post! How are you liking the R vs the 500? Just looked at a 500 tonight here in Phoenix and they said they likely can’t even do a $10k ADM, as they are asking $30k. Unreal...

Is that dealership in Iowa expecting anymore 500 allocations that I might pursue it my R search doesn’t yield what I’m looking for?

Thanks for your help input!

Sponsored

jin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 Iconic Silver, 2020 GT350R Magnetic
Great post! How are you liking the R vs the 500? Just looked at a 500 tonight here in Phoenix and they said they likely can’t even do a $10k ADM, as they are asking $30k. Unreal...

Is that dealership in Iowa expecting anymore 500 allocations that I might pursue it my R search doesn’t yield what I’m looking for?

Thanks for your help input!
Obviously two very different cars and I enjoy them both. For me, I'd say the R is more fun to drive but the Gt 500 has so much power I haven't even begun to experience it's potential and probably never will. The 500 never fails to get a thumbs up and looks from other drivers...the R not so much but I actually prefer that. Send me a PM and I'll give you the Iowa store. One more piece of advice re: your search...deal with the owners or GM's. You'll rarely get anything out of the sales staff. Good luck!

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Team Ford has both a 350R ($10k ADM) and a 500 CFTP ($20k ADM). I saw them on the sales floor while I was waiting for my GT to get serviced. The R is beautifully understated while the CFTP is in-your-face.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Thanks for all of the comments guys. I also have come across a 2019 New R with a $5k markup. I’m sure this thing has sat for a long time. Would anyone advise against pursing a 2019R if they are at or below MSRP? Since I’ve been out of the GT350/350R scene for awhile I just don’t want to get myself in what seems like a good deal only for those with better situational awareness saying “WTF did you buy a 2019 for?”

As always, thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Thanks for all of the comments guys. I also have come across a 2019 New R with a $5k markup. I’m sure this thing has sat for a long time. Would anyone advise against pursing a 2019R if they are at or below MSRP? Since I’ve been out of the GT350/350R scene for awhile I just don’t want to get myself in what seems like a good deal only for those with better situational awareness saying “WTF did you buy a 2019 for?”

Where at? Which state?

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268

I would have thought you would be between invoice and MSRP on a MY2019.... I’m shocked to see an ADM on that car.
Sponsored