lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Uhhh what’s so “insane” about this “deal”?

It gets stranger. I inquired about that car after seeing your question. I asked the chat bot about that car, they sent me a link to an Orange Fury, black painted roof, 2020 R model with the same inventory number and said it was the grey car pictured and refused to show me the window sticker. Using that zip code, Ford says there is a dealer with their name, but according to Ford, no GT350's live there.

Here is the fun part. That vin number is for a Metallic Gray GT350 at Sexton Ford in Moline, IL. It is currently listed for sale at their store, not California.

https://www.sextonford.com/new/Ford...00a0e0adf53396c74361de6d7.htm?searchDepth=1:1
Sponsored

flybipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I made a deal on a 2019 GT350R a few weeks ago, right at the end of May - I have always had good luck dealing on cars the last day of the month. I purchased it sight unseen and frankly, never even spoke to the salesman or the sales manager until the deal was done and we were setting up my FordPass Connect - everything was through text or email. (I did get a video walk-through from the seller to confirm condition.)

I was able to purchase it "out-the-door" including all taxes/titles/fees and enclosed shipping to the West Coast from nearly 2,600 miles away for less than MSRP. That's not the best deal I've heard of on an R, but I thought it was a very fair deal, especially on an R. In the last two weeks I've continued to watch Autotrader and Cargurus and the supply of R's has been shrinking faster than it had in the previous few months. This is a low-option car, with only the technology package and the lack of a carbon dash may have been why it sat since last fall. I would have liked the carbon dash but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I was open to other colors, but race red was definitely on my short list.

My car was loaded up earlier this week by Fred Mills/Advantage Auto Transport - who has been competitively priced and easy to work with - and will be arriving next week.

I am not certain, but I believe it may have been the last new race red GT350R available for purchase in the country, now or in the future. I've checked the VIN tracker spreadsheet elsewhere on this forum and don't see any more 2020 race red R's scheduled to be built. At least not yet!

(In my quest to find a good deal, I did locate a 2019 Ruby Red in my own back yard in Hillsboro, OR that was not being advertised but was listed on Ford's locator. I called the dealer and they indicated that the owner was holding it in his personal inventory, but would accept an offer on it. I said that if they were serious about selling it, I was ready to buy. The salesman needed to check with his manager, and a few hours later, called back to say they would accept an offer around $40,000 over sticker...yikes!)

Thanks to everyone on this forum - and especially in this thread - that I have learned from over the last 24 months! I'm looking forward to meeting some more Portland and Pacific NW-based owners in the future!

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Must of been a sick typo- that’s not even possible on a 2020 R ....

Pizzatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I made a deal on a 2019 GT350R a few weeks ago, right at the end of May - I have always had good luck dealing on cars the last day of the month. I purchased it sight unseen and frankly, never even spoke to the salesman or the sales manager until the deal was done and we were setting up my FordPass Connect - everything was through text or email. (I did get a video walk-through from the seller to confirm condition.)

I was able to purchase it "out-the-door" including all taxes/titles/fees and enclosed shipping to the West Coast from nearly 2,600 miles away for less than MSRP. That's not the best deal I've heard of on an R, but I thought it was a very fair deal, especially on an R. In the last two weeks I've continued to watch Autotrader and Cargurus and the supply of R's has been shrinking faster than it had in the previous few months. This is a low-option car, with only the technology package and the lack of a carbon dash may have been why it sat since last fall. I would have liked the carbon dash but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I was open to other colors, but race red was definitely on my short list.

My car was loaded up earlier this week by Fred Mills/Advantage Auto Transport - who has been competitively priced and easy to work with - and will be arriving next week.

I am not certain, but I believe it may have been the last new race red GT350R available for purchase in the country, now or in the future. I've checked the VIN tracker spreadsheet elsewhere on this forum and don't see any more 2020 race red R's scheduled to be built. At least not yet!

(In my quest to find a good deal, I did locate a 2019 Ruby Red in my own back yard in Hillsboro, OR that was not being advertised but was listed on Ford's locator. I called the dealer and they indicated that the owner was holding it in his personal inventory, but would accept an offer on it. I said that if they were serious about selling it, I was ready to buy. The salesman needed to check with his manager, and a few hours later, called back to say they would accept an offer around $40,000 over sticker...yikes!)

Thanks to everyone on this forum - and especially in this thread - that I have learned from over the last 24 months! I'm looking forward to meeting some more Portland and Pacific NW-based owners in the future!
Thanks for sharing.
We are in the same area and I have been recently inquiring on an R. During my quest I found 3 local dealers that have a HEP R scheduled for production but all are asking for $20k ADM. It doesnt even need to have HEP. One dealer was willing to see about ordering one for me but with a 10k ADM.

I have also been checking on Car Gurus and I have not had any luck.

Am I too late or not checking hard enough?

Sponsored

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Thanks for sharing.
We are in the same area and I have been recently inquiring on an R. During my quest I found 3 local dealers that have a HEP R scheduled for production but all are asking for $20k ADM. It doesnt even need to have HEP. One dealer was willing to see about ordering one for me but with a 10k ADM.

Hi Patrick. Great to meet another PNW member looking for an R. I'd be interested which dealerships you spoke to. Fortunately with the new VINs added last week, there are a couple more Rs coming to the PNW.

1FA6P8JZ8L5551873 - a Rapid Red R coming to Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent, WA
1FA6P8JZ6L5551872 - a HEP R coming to Courtesy Ford in Portland, OR

There's also:

1FA6P8JZ4L5551689 - a HEP R coming to Astoria Ford in Warrenton, OR
1FA6P8JZ4L5551353 - a HEP R coming to Damerow Ford in Beaverton, OR
1FA6P8JZ0L5551656 - a Black R coming to Sound Ford Inc, Renton, WA

Let me know if you hear any updates on whether these cars are available or not. If you haven't already done so, check out the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t12CKnAaJGNNKfOPxAApFMStWioaABhqjzwRpHdKmnE/edit?usp=sharing for even more options.

Pizzatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Thanks.

As of 6/13 the following dealers stated their HEP R are still available with the exception of Damerow

Courtesy Ford
Landmark Ford (dealer stated expecting to start production in July)
Damerow Ford (still waiting confirmation)

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Thanks.

As of 6/13 the following dealers stated their HEP R are still available with the exception of Damerow

Courtesy Ford
Landmark Ford (dealer stated expecting to start production in July)
Damerow Ford (still waiting confirmation)
Aah, yes I was curious about Landmark. Tigard isn't that far from Seattle. So these dealers are all asking for $20k for the HEP R?

Did you ask Korum in Puyallup about 1FA6P8JZ8L5551355? The one in Pasco is unavailable and mine is Bickford's in Snohomish. I think that's pretty much it.

Great info though, thanks

Pizzatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Aah, yes I was curious about Landmark. Tigard isn't that far from Seattle. So these dealers are all asking for $20k for the HEP R?

Did you ask Korum in Puyallup about 1FA6P8JZ8L5551355? The one in Pasco is unavailable and mine is Bickford's in Snohomish. I think that's pretty much it.

Great info though, thanks
Yes they were pretty firm on their ADM.
Waiting to hear back on the other dealers outside of the metro area you mentioned above.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
This was my update from a guy who helped me out at ford performance today- he sent me this email:
Hey mike your 350R is still showing body shop
June 15th is when it will be done!!
You are almost to full production!
Hope this helps!
All cars move through
  1. Sent To Plant
  2. Body Shop
  3. Trim Line
  4. Produced
  5. Mod Shop (Vinyl Stripes and various components are installed here)
  6. Released for Shipment
  7. Received by carrier or rail
  8. Shipped

Sponsored

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Mine's been "produced" since 6/11 but hasn't moved from that status since. Hoping it gets "released" some time this week.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I know the details or what exactly each step entails, but QCgoose we been waiting forever what’s a little more at this point you know? I’m super excited

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
I know the details or what exactly each step entails, but QCgoose we been waiting forever what’s a little more at this point you know? I’m super excited
Oh I'm definitely excited as well, don't get me wrong. And yeah, after waiting six months, what's one more? Just a few more weeks and we'll finally be in the driver's seat. :rockon:

flybipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Thanks for sharing.

I came to the conclusion that if I didn't pull the trigger soon, I would be too late, or I would be paying a huge ADM as dealers start to mark up the remaining unsold R's left in inventory. (I think there is still a bit of time left to get a great deal on a 19 or 20 non-R.)

I generally found more R's on Cargurus than Autotrader, and often times would find an R listed as a regular GT350. Search nationwide, sort by highest price first, then look at the pics and check the window stickers on the dealers's websites. I also found unlisted cars on the Ford website by entering different zip codes and searching for smaller town dealers in different parts of the country.

I have not found Landmark Ford willing to enter into a serious conversation about selling below MSRP but I also didn't push them very hard since they were so high to begin with. They are the closest dealer to me, and the lowest I got them to come down was to knock their $20K ADM on a non-R down to $10K.

If I were to start looking again, I'd use the VIN spreadsheet put together and posted elsewhere on the forum and start calling dealers in smaller towns to see who's got an unsold R still being produced or inbound and make your best deal.