Madstork97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
Gt500
Do you at least have a VIN?
No my dealership call me in March and said Ford Performance was get ready to give us a vin # 1 weeks later Ford shut everything down. May 13 my dealer called me again and said that they will be pulling our number after May 25 and I still haven't got a vin #. I am a priority one

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Lucky you
I been waiting since 12/14/18 with 25K as a down payment and had allocation since 7/23/19
Damn man, I'd be beyond frustrated at that point. Hopefully you hear some good news soon, otherwise I'd be asking for my deposit back. That's a chunk o' change they're holding on to.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
So now my car shows "Produced"! Does anyone know how long it takes from this point to get put on a truck to be shipped?

EDIT: I'm an idiot - if I had looked a little further down the page it looks like ETA of 7/15.

Last edited:

rdrarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord Coupe V6, 2020 GT350R
Maybe I’m thinking too much into this or maybe I’m spot on, but should I be concerned with buying a 2020 GT350R that was built after Ford’s reopening of the FRAP from the lockdown? Is it possible that due to the lockdown since they got behind schedule on the builds that they’re going to rush to put the cars together to try and meet their quota/deadline for vehicles built for the year and their QAQC will miss something? Or should I just look into getting one that was built before the lockdown? I’m interested in seeing how you all feel about this. Thanks!!

Sponsored

GT350Obsession

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
K0963 2019 GT350 RR, Black Roof
Maybe I’m thinking too much into this or maybe I’m spot on, but should I be concerned with buying a 2020 GT350R that was built after Ford’s reopening of the FRAP from the lockdown? Is it possible that due to the lockdown since they got behind schedule on the builds that they’re going to rush to put the cars together to try and meet their quota/deadline for vehicles built for the year and their QAQC will miss something? Or should I just look into getting one that was built before the lockdown? I’m interested in seeing how you all feel about this. Thanks!!
If I'm the guy on the line building that block and my name is on the engine, I'm probably not going to rush the job I'm hoping to keep. Also, for my own sanity, I plan on getting an extended warranty no matter what year or chassis number I get. Just my 2 cents.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I think you're overthinking the situation. It happens to us all when we've been caught up in the anticipation process. Your car will be just fine and you'll be enjoying it sooner than later! Congratulations, you're gonna love it!

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
How much are the extended warranty's going for now adays? Does anyone know what that includes? I’m guessing motor/trans?

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Spoke with ford performance a few days ago- they said expect a finish build for the 18th this month then apx. Another month till it reaches the PA dealership I got my allocation at.... they’ll be able to give me a more realistic date as we get closer to the 18th but for now that’s all the info they are showing- been waiting since December like a lot of guys here so what’s a few more months anyway - all good -

Sponsored

Hennessey"R"

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura TSX, 2014 Acura MDX, 2017 GT350R
Hey Guys, I'm a newbie on this forum, and I wanted to know why you guys are chosen a GT350/GT350R over the GT500? I was in the same debate last year and I got my R. I'm interested on other peoples thoughts! Hopefully I'm not violating this thread!

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Hey Guys, I'm a newbie on this forum, and I wanted to know why you guys are chosen a GT350/GT350R over the GT500? I was in the same debate last year and I got my R. I'm interested on other peoples thoughts! Hopefully I'm not violating this thread!
The biggest factor for me was that the GT500 is automatic-only. Two pedals in a sportscar? No dice. Wasn't even a consideration after learning that.

Hennessey"R"

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura TSX, 2014 Acura MDX, 2017 GT350R
The biggest factor for me was that the GT500 is automatic-only. Two pedals in a sportscar? No dice. Wasn't even a consideration after learning that.
Yeah that had a lot on my choice too! I know they said they might bring a manual to the GT500 later, but I just decided nope!