Sponsored

ALL GT350/GT350R LEADS, ALLOCATIONS, DEPOSITS [READ FIRST POST]

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
The ADM doesn't really move, it's just illusory. In most cases, the salespeople have to get approval from the owner of the dealership and they all know what the market will pay for it. Had one salesperson tell me $13k ADM, only for the salesperson to talk to the dealership owner or GM only to come back with a $50k ADM (which is ridiculous) but many operate the same way..some sort of "lure pricing" then you find out you are against 3-4 other people willing to pay more and it goes for $20k-$25k. Anything below $15k is pretty hard to come by and will take a ton of work/effort and back-and-forth (which alone is worth something too). The black cars however, seem like you have more wriggle room than the greys, whites, and blues.

I don't think posting the "cheap ones" on this forum changes things much.

As soon as a lead is posted, they get multiple calls....then the $10k ADM goes to $25k again. We've seen the pattern over and over again.
Sponsored

D_cow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTI 2017 GT350R HR437 Radio Delete
+1. The best way to post a lead (as we've found over the past year +) is to do the following:

1. State you have a lead and what type of car it is - color, stripes, R, packages, etc., as well as the price/ADM
2. Ask for people to PM you to get the information (DO NOT post the dealership's name! This only leads to multiple calls into the dealer, and then the price suddenly rises, because the dealer feels they can start a bidding war)
3. Pass the information along to 1 person at a time, with a time frame for making a decision. If the first person doesn't act within the time frame (say...24 hours), the lead goes to the next person.

The intentions of many are good, but we can inadvertently make it too easy for the dealerships to get greedy and squeeze as much out of these great cars as they want.
Yeah Iv'e done that but what tends to happen is the 1st guy never buys it and you end up going through 3 or 4 people anyway and waste everyones time. Its not like people don't discover the car on the ford website every day and call regardless. The big thing is that dealers get a lot of phone calls from people who are never going to buy the car and waste their time, they want to know that you will buy the car if it is in your budget.

Also, you can't assume that the price the dealer is going to give a guy that just called up is the same price as the guy who called 3 weeks ago. As much as ive seen the greed of these Ford dealers Ive also noticed they will work with people in the order they inquired. Like a code among thieves.

The guy that calls demanding 10k right off the bat probably wont get it t they will have to wait in line but I think knowing that they gave someone that offer is valuable.

When calling a dealer the key is to let the dealer know you are serious buyer that has been looking for a long time and knows the market well. You have a budget and will wait for the market to come to you.

Prices are falling 4 sure. This time last year the best I could find was 17k over from a dealer near Cincinnati and 25k over was normal. Now 15k over now is pretty regular and there is at least 1 more year of production confirmed

Buy calling and getting the 20K offer and rejecting it you are doing a service to the guy who is in the process of working the deal. You are confirming what the buyer is saying 20k or whatever is too much. You help their argument of saying sell it today for what my budget is and get your money.

Then when you get the car offer a ride to your sales person & manager. Then it is happily ever after.
The End

911-AL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R and other interesting BMWs and Porsches
I agree 100%. I helped two buyers in 2016 get new 16 and 17 non-R's for minimal markup using this method from a small local dealer. At they time, they were happy to have quick and guaranteed sales. However, I called the same dealer back and now they want a much higher ADM of 20k on R's and 5k on regular models.

+1. The best way to post a lead (as we've found over the past year +) is to do the following:

1. State you have a lead and what type of car it is - color, stripes, R, packages, etc., as well as the price/ADM
2. Ask for people to PM you to get the information (DO NOT post the dealership's name! This only leads to multiple calls into the dealer, and then the price suddenly rises, because the dealer feels they can start a bidding war)
3. Pass the information along to 1 person at a time, with a time frame for making a decision. If the first person doesn't act within the time frame (say...24 hours), the lead goes to the next person.

The intentions of many are good, but we can inadvertently make it too easy for the dealerships to get greedy and squeeze as much out of these great cars as they want.

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
There is one local dealer near me who will sell me a GT350 at MSRP, however... they have none in stock, and we aren't sure when 2018 allocations will get sent out.

It seems most other dealers in my area are sticking to $5k ADM right now. I talked one down to $4k and they said they could "look to see what they can do for my trade-in." I don't agree with anything over sticker...

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
All of these dealers are going to tell you ridiculous ADM's over the phone and perhaps when you first get there.

I can tell you this- if you are in the dealership and have money and are ready to buy, that's when you'll get the best price. I've had two dealerships with ADMs on non-R's, one with 10K ADM, the other with $20K ADM, and by the time I left they were both offering me almost MSRP and wanted me to buy badly. If they know you are a serious buyer with the capability to buy, you'll be surprised what they will do to sell the car.

There are exceptions.. I was at one dealer last year (I think while the cars were still extremely hard to find) with a $10K ADM, and they would not budge. That car sat for a few weeks and I have no idea what they ended up selling it for.

Shop around, show you're an educated buyer, and you'll be surprised what kind of deal you'd get.

Sponsored

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looking for a 17 LB with black stripes. Want Recaros not the leather seats though. If I can find one without ADM I will probably bite. Love the color. :thumbsup:

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
There's a 2017 Oxford White, Blue OTT stripe GT350R at Fairfield Ford in Fairfield CA. They want 20K ADM. They claim to have an auto wholesaler who offered 20k ADM, but want to sell to a real person. That's what they told me today. Ask for Darrell.

If that story is true, I'll bet they'll come down off the 20k ADM.

Good luck.

As a side story, after HR115 fell through for me, I put a deposit on this car before learning the next day it was "reserved" for a Ford executive when it arrived. After it arrived, apparently he declined to buy it; at least that's what I was told today.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
There's a 2017 Oxford White, Blue OTT stripe GT350R at Fairfield Ford in Fairfield CA. They want 20K ADM. They claim to have an auto wholesaler who offered 20k ADM, but want to sell to a real person. That's what they told me today. Ask for Darrell.

If that story is true, I'll bet they'll come down off the 20k ADM.

Good luck.

As a side story, after HR115 fell through for me, I put a deposit on this car before learning the next day it was "reserved" for a Ford executive when it arrived. After it arrived, apparently he declined to buy it; at least that's what I was told today.
The wholesaler things sounds like B.S. to me.. I've heard a lot of dealers make this 'I have a wholesaler that will give me XXX over!". Let's face it, it's about the money to them.

If they could get $20K over, they'd take the money and run. Am I really supposed to believe they are being noble by not selling to a wholesaler because they want to charge an over the sticker price of $20K to a "real person". :lol:

Many of these large dealers are not going to be impacted by selling an "R" for $10K over, $5K over, or MSRP, if they really wanted to do something for someone they'd give a real mustang enthusiast the chance to own their dream car for a fair price and figure out a way to weed out the people just trying to flip them.

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Is there any word on when 18MY info will be released? I've heard that the order banks open 6/12.

Wouldn't it be cool if they put the new 5.2 580 hp in the '18?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Is there any word on when 18MY info will be released? I've heard that the order banks open 6/12.

Wouldn't it be cool if they put the new 5.2 580 hp in the '18?
Smh

Sponsored

Av8orntn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I wanted to post a HUGE thanks to the posters on this thread. Just to reenforce what others have posted that if you follow the tips here and what some have given in private messages you can find a GT350R without a huge markup particularly if you do not have to have some exact combination. I got mine yesterday and while I only drove it to get fuel and back to the dealer waiting on transport I can already tell that I am going to have lots of fun with it. For me it was very much worth the effort to not pay an extra 10 to 15 thousand.

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
I wanted to post a HUGE thanks to the posters on this thread. Just to reenforce what others have posted that if you follow the tips here and what some have given in private messages you can find a GT350R without a huge markup particularly if you do not have to have some exact combination. I got mine yesterday and while I only drove it to get fuel and back to the dealer waiting on transport I can already tell that I am going to have lots of fun with it. For me it was very much worth the effort to not pay an extra 10 to 15 thousand.
Good for you!!! :thumbsup: ENJOY!!!

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Wow that is great...have not been able to find one for under $15k. Lots of calls and follow ups but no success. Good for you and hopefully dealers will be more willing to sell these cars without huge mark ups.

Dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 GT
First time posting on this board, wanted to say thanks for all the folks contributing info here, it has been great reading.

I have a 67 GT in Acapulco blue and have my mind set on a LB GT350/R.

I've been searching for a good 9 months now, thought I'd share a couple of my stories.
- it's tough buying an R in the Bay Area - local dealer had a $50K ADM. Started the car but GM wouldn't let me drive it around the block. I could drive it once I signed for the car. I laughed at the price and ended up walking. The SA literally came running out after me - told me if I offered $20K over I could have it. Left them my card.
- I'm looking country wide - only $1,500 to ship.
- I've had 3 dealers offer me MSRP on a GT350, and one just under.
- It is accurate that the dealers know they can get +$10K through a broker to sell to the west coast dealers. Makes it tough as these guys are poaching. I really hope these guys get stuck with some of these cars.

I'm getting super frustrated with my search. I'm wavering from the R - and may go with the "base" ;)

Anyway, any good close to MSRP R leads please PM me. Always been a Ford family and fan - this GT has drawn me back in!
Sponsored