Sponsored

ALL GT350/GT350R LEADS, ALLOCATIONS, DEPOSITS [READ FIRST POST]

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
there are probably 50+ r's out there for sale right now if you do some digging.. its a considerable amount. Just they are all 15-50k adm lol I don't care anymore as i got to buy a R for 5k adm. Im no longer looking and car is ordered as of today. Btw how is ford dishing out 18 allocations when they are still giving out 17's as of friday which was the last 17 allocations..
I understand your concern about ADM's and I am with all of the other Mustang enthusiasts about paying ridiculous ADM's for the R models but as you know for ~2 years now we have been all saying the same thing that the ADM's will go away and I just don't see it for even the 2018 R models.

As far as Ford already giving out allocations for 2018 R models I suggest that you contact Ford for the answer to that.

All I know is that I am getting calls from Ford dealerships that I have worked with in the past and they are telling me that they have an allocation for a 2018 R and offered me the opportunity to buy one.

Lastly, congratulations on your 2017 R model and at $5K over MSRP I suggest that you did much better than most based on todays market place!

:cheers:
Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
need a dealer type to decipher this for me

Here's update texts I got tonight regarding the status of my R from my salesman (who is the Sales Manager at a large volume dealer, and a knowledgeable 2014 Shelby owner):

"The order has been locked in, no ETA yet." I ask him what "locked in" means (of course I've already read some about that), and he sends a screen shot of a couple lines of printout, one of which shows my name and

"0505 10 E ATP8JZ 05/05 04/07 LOCKED - ?"

Next text he says: "When an order is locked in, there is an ok to build. The next step is to verify the build order. Unscheduled/ clean would be the next indication. Followed by sub/ to plant. And finally scheduled."

That's not what my understanding is, so I was hoping some knowledgeable dealer type could help decipher his text, or tell me what to ask him next.

BTW, does anyone know when the last week of MY 17 production is? Or when the MY 17 VIN assignment or build scheduling ends? Thanks.

agentscreech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
Wow, that's insane. Here's how I found mine, maybe this will work for you too. I apologize if everybody knows this and it's been repeated.

I started at shop.ford.com. I entered the specifics of 2017 Shelby GT350R. Enter your zip code, and select 100 mile search. The web site only lets you select 100 mile search, but if you modify the URL you can increase the search area. Once you have your initial results, modify the URL to increase the search area. I chose 1000 miles. I think it only goes up to 500 miles, even when you say 1000. But you'll get a lot more entries this way than the 100 mile search.

http://shop.ford.com/inventory/must...ng_F05-SHELBYGT350R&year=2017&Order=HighPrice

Then I expanded my search area to Southern California with zip code 92804, then to San Diego, then to Phoenix Arizona, then to Oregon, Washington, etc. I repeated this process until I made my own database of cars in the colors I wanted. I downloaded the window sticker from Ford's web site, and most importantly I wrote down the VIN.

Once I had the results, I concentrated on the entries that said "dealer ordered" -- as those are the one currently being manufactured and not yet delivered. This is where the VIN became real important. About half of these dealers with "dealer ordered" cars didn't realize they had one coming. So by giving them the VIN, they were able to look it up and confirm the approximate delivery date on the car and whether or not it was already sold.

Then one-by-one, I called the dealers with the cars in the color(s) I wanted and tried to negotiate price.

Ford in Fairfield claims to only charge $5k over sticker.

Anyways, good luck. This process worked for me.
It seems that the result will cap itself to 100 dealers, even if you put the radius to 99999, so you can cover more ground in the area where there is not a lot of dealers

Looks like there are only 3 GT350R's available according to Ford in my area. No idea if it's accurate. All 3 are black. One is near Salem, Oregon, the other is about 40 miles east of there (Stayton, Or). The last is "dealer ordered" like you had mentioned, and it's near Seattle.

I wouldn't hold my breath about getting those close to MSRP. The everyone I've seen in the PNW has been near $100k (up to $350k in Marysville, Wa)

Last edited:

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It seems a lot of Rs popped up the past week for sale. I am currently talking with 2 dealers within 200 miles of me that are asking $10k over. I am trying to get them lower.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
It seems that the result will cap itself to 100 dealers, even if you put the radius to 99999, so you can cover more ground in the area where there is not a lot of dealers

Looks like there are only 3 GT350R's available according to Ford in my area. No idea if it's accurate. All 3 are black. One is near Salem, Oregon, the other is about 40 miles east of there (Stayton, Or). The last is "dealer ordered" like you had mentioned, and it's near Seattle.

I wouldn't hold my breath about getting those close to MSRP. The everyone I've seen in the PNW has been near $100k (up to $350k in Marysville, Wa)
When I was searching, I found the list was accurate and all the dealers showing an R on that list, actually had an R. The one in Stayton has been there a while; I saw that one while I was searching too. I talked to them about it. Black wasn't my color though.

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I just found an AG at MSRP but the dealer isn't really willing to work with me on my trade, which is a bummer. It just popped up on eBay.

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
Here's update texts I got tonight regarding the status of my R from my salesman (who is the Sales Manager at a large volume dealer, and a knowledgeable 2014 Shelby owner):

"The order has been locked in, no ETA yet." I ask him what "locked in" means (of course I've already read some about that), and he sends a screen shot of a couple lines of printout, one of which shows my name and

"0505 10 E ATP8JZ 05/05 04/07 LOCKED - ?"

Next text he says: "When an order is locked in, there is an ok to build. The next step is to verify the build order. Unscheduled/ clean would be the next indication. Followed by sub/ to plant. And finally scheduled."

That's not what my understanding is, so I was hoping some knowledgeable dealer type could help decipher his text, or tell me what to ask him next.

BTW, does anyone know when the last week of MY 17 production is? Or when the MY 17 VIN assignment or build scheduling ends? Thanks.
In looking at my vehicle status sheet my order went like this:
Unscheduled Clean
Scheduled
Sent To Plant
Body Shop
Trim Line
Produced
Released from Plant
Shipped (Rail Car)
Received (Auto transport Co)
Shipped (by truck)
Delivered to dealer

I thought "locked" meant that no further changes could be made to the order. Locked in to build.

D_cow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTI 2017 GT350R HR437 Radio Delete
I found a car 7500 over + 800 doc fee. NO AC PM if interested

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
ADMs seem a little ridiculous for the Rs where 500+ per year are produced and you can get regular GT350s (4500 a year produced) with 95% of the performance for so much less. When the last gen GT500 came out (and the super snake), or the Boss 302 LS (750 produced total) were the ADMs this high?

Sponsored

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Local dealer has a magnetic with stripes coming in end of may. Probably going to want a 4-5 adm. Told me they may be able to change the color.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
2017 Black w/Black OTT Stripes. Electronics Package.

They're asking 10 over. Should be delivered between May 20-26. Helfman Ford in Houston.

Contact Sal @ (281) 831-4629 and let him know I (Ansley) sent you.

It's reasonable to think since they're starting at 10, there may be some wiggle with a strong buyer.
Is that 10K over for a non-r? If so, that's hardly reasonable.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Negative. It's a R. I'll edit the post.
Ahh...very important clarification. You're right, not bad at all. Hopefully someone gets lucky.

RustedAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 350R HR215
Ahh...very important clarification. You're right, not bad at all. Hopefully someone gets lucky.
Yeah...there was supposed to be a photo that attached to the post. I got internettes and look the dumbz. Thanks for pointing it out, important clarification for real.

Edit - And it's gone.

Hey Honeybadger, could you edit your quote to take out the phone number, please?
Sponsored

Last edited: