Sponsored

All functions in Safe&Smart pack work well for manual transmission mustang?

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 3.7, 2019 Mustang GT 5.0 PP2
Safe&Smart just add to 2019 mustang coupe, I afraid that some function can not work well in a manual transmission mustang , like Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), if not clutch control, the engine would turn off.

So I just want to check is all the function is ok for manual?
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
There are some differences. But the emergency braking is more of an assistance thing. Anyone would be crazy to completely rely on it. :)

I have had it kick on twice. Once I reacted at the same time. The other it seems to have detected the car in front of the car I was behind. It went off. I hit the brakes and then the car in front of me really slammed on the brakes. I had no clue that it was about to happen.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
If you want both I'd say go for it. From what I've read adaptive cruise control will request your attention to downshift. I'm not sure what would happen but the car would more than likely have to stall out or have a collision.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
For the adaptive cruise it works great on the highway since 6th will be good for, say 40+. It can still slow you down and accelerate when someone cuts you off. I've not used it when it gets too slow but I guess it would be like the Adaptive Cruise in my Taurus where it dings, tells you driver intervention needed and turns off.

The collision avoidance, I'm not sure it slows the car to a stop. I've had it flash red once and I was already on the brakes. IIRC it pretensions the brakes to max so when you hit them you stop NOW. It does that in the Taurus.

IMHO it's worthwhile for just the adaptive cruise. I've had it since 2009 and hate cars without it now.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
I have s&s/stick with adaptive cruise on my eco boost. It works perfectly fine at highway speeds, it’s just that if it’s got to really accelerate from say 50 it’s going to be a little sluggish in 6. If you downshit it shuts off and you just have to press the resume button to get it back on. Makes monotonous highway travel a lot more bearable but I can imagine with auto would be more convenient for slow traffic.
As for emergency braking I think the point is to stop the car in an emergency so it’s probably not a big deal if it kills the engine. I would think better than accident killing you LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are some differences. But the emergency braking is more of an assistance thing. Anyone would be crazy to completely rely on it. :)

I have had it kick on twice. Once I reacted at the same time. The other it seems to have detected the car in front of the car I was behind. It went off. I hit the brakes and then the car in front of me really slammed on the brakes. I had no clue that it was about to happen.
I only want it during a long time driving when Im tired and may less focus on the road, most of time I like to handle the car.

OP
OP

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the adaptive cruise it works great on the highway since 6th will be good for, say 40+. It can still slow you down and accelerate when someone cuts you off. I've not used it when it gets too slow but I guess it would be like the Adaptive Cruise in my Taurus where it dings, tells you driver intervention needed and turns off.

The collision avoidance, I'm not sure it slows the car to a stop. I've had it flash red once and I was already on the brakes. IIRC it pretensions the brakes to max so when you hit them you stop NOW. It does that in the Taurus.

IMHO it's worthwhile for just the adaptive cruise. I've had it since 2009 and hate cars without it now.
I hate ford don't let 2018 Gt coupe choose this pack, then they open for 19 coupe, so I have to order again and wait 3 more month and lose free Recaro seats.

I believe Taurus do not have manual transmission options, so it should be different since the vehicle can control gears. In manual, too low RPM would turn off the engine, when engine down, there is no break power anymore.

OP
OP

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have s&s/stick with adaptive cruise on my eco boost. It works perfectly fine at highway speeds, it’s just that if it’s got to really accelerate from say 50 it’s going to be a little sluggish in 6. If you downshit it shuts off and you just have to press the resume button to get it back on. Makes monotonous highway travel a lot more bearable but I can imagine with auto would be more convenient for slow traffic.
As for emergency braking I think the point is to stop the car in an emergency so it’s probably not a big deal if it kills the engine. I would think better than accident killing you LOL
I just afraid when engine down, there is no break power anymore, how to stop the vehicle? Or ford cut this feature off from manual because of this problem.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I just afraid when engine down, there is no break power anymore, how to stop the vehicle? Or ford cut this feature off from manual because of this problem.
You have to get pretty slow before the engine will die. I doubt that you'll need power brakes to complete the stop at that point. And presumably if you're conscious you'll react as with any sudden stop in a manual - both feet in.

OP
OP

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have to get pretty slow before the engine will die. I doubt that you'll need power brakes to complete the stop at that point. And presumably if you're conscious you'll react as with any sudden stop in a manual - both feet in.
I think the engine may die around 20km/h in 6 gear. Hope ford can keep this feature for manual. And hope they the current 2000 rebate and private offer can works for me to order a 2019.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
In an auto the adaptive cruise control will stay active down to 12 MPH. It down shifts and brakes accordingly to maintain distance. After that it dings and has you take over.

The collision avoidance works first by alerting you, then by brake boosting and also automatic braking. I've had it go off twice for real. Most of the time it's a false alarm when a car makes a right hand turn in front of you.
Sponsored