Sponsored

All boosted supercharged 18+ how much PSI and RWHP you making on stock motor.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Wondering because I know everyone is different and there really is no right answer. Comes down to the tuner and timing essentially. So what you guys at. Specifically with psi.
Sponsored

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
2020 p1x 10r80 at 777 rwhp on 93
2016 p1sc 6r80 at 750ish rwhp on E85 (tuner estimate)
2017 D1x 6MT at 778 rwhp on e85 (dyno stopped at 7500rpm for this run so should be a bit more)
2017 whipple gen 5 6r80 at 850ish on e85 (tuner estimate)

All tuned by Ortiz Performance at Untamed Auto in Schaumburg IL

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 p1x 10r80 at 777 rwhp on 93
2016 p1sc 6r80 at 750ish rwhp on E85 (tuner estimate)
2017 D1x 6MT at 778 rwhp on e85 (dyno stopped at 7500rpm for this run so should be a bit more)
2017 whipple gen 5 6r80 at 850ish on e85 (tuner estimate)

All tuned by Ortiz Performance at Untamed Auto in Schaumburg IL
Psi?

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m at 720 rwhp 12.5psi. On 93. Edelbrock 2650TVS.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
16 gt mt82 p1sc at 10psi on 93. 660whp

Mach1soldier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 f150 EB
17 psi 930 horsepower d1x e85.

Changed pulleys though because track wants me to get a cage.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Have not dynoed mine, but I should be right at 10 psi and with my mods, I am guessing around 650 whp or less.

I dropped a pulley size last week.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
should probably note that there will be a variance between dynos and conditions on each day and/or run.

The numbers definitely mean something, but the baseline hp numbers is probably what's likely going to always be missing: also fuel type is important to know as well

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Why do car enthusiasts continually do this?

It's a form of confirmation bias. It's like asking...."What's the heaviest person who's ever successfully bungee jumped on this setup?"

You're going to get a shotgun spectrum of answers, but as car guys we should be OVERENGINEERING and UNDERUTILIZING (like the OEM's who are responsible for warranty claims do).

The problem with most of these answers is that many/most of them are under IDEAL conditions. The car is sitting on the rollers in a shop, with good quality fuel, the motor isn't being lugged, uphill on a hot day, etc.

The example I always use is....how many people can you safely fit in a 12' Aluminum flat bottom boat. Sitting right next to the dock, you could probably fit like a dozen people in that boat (without it swamping). You might even be able put put around on the water at very slow speed on a totally calm day.

Can you take that boat with 12 people in it out on windy day with 3' chop? I wouldn't, unless you like to swim.

If we're asking "how much power on stock blah blah blah" for the purposes of seeing max value and then backing off for a safety factor, I agree. But these "rules" and arbitrary limits are just that, it's guys and tuners and shops making power on a motor that's max'd out any sort of responsible safety factor or ability to accommodate for less than ideal conditions.

So, can you run 700 rwtq on stock axles? Sure, until it breaks.

You're probably going to get answers approaching or exceeding triple digits on the stock block and bottom end. Would Ford warranty 4 digits on that setup? Nope, cause they have to pay for carnage and failure and warranty claims.

My advice is to pick the level you want to be at and OVER shoot. If you want a 1000 rwhp setup, build the motor for 1500 hp.

You can have it fast, cheap or reliable. Pick any two.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
18psi is too much for stock engine for longevity imo, 10psi will get you close to 800hp on e85, if you want to run that much, be prepared to do an engine.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do car enthusiasts continually do this?

It's a form of confirmation bias. It's like asking...."What's the heaviest person who's ever successfully bungee jumped on this setup?"

You're going to get a shotgun spectrum of answers, but as car guys we should be OVERENGINEERING and UNDERUTILIZING (like the OEM's who are responsible for warranty claims do).

The problem with most of these answers is that many/most of them are under IDEAL conditions. The car is sitting on the rollers in a shop, with good quality fuel, the motor isn't being lugged, uphill on a hot day, etc.

The example I always use is....how many people can you safely fit in a 12' Aluminum flat bottom boat. Sitting right next to the dock, you could probably fit like a dozen people in that boat (without it swamping). You might even be able put put around on the water at very slow speed on a totally calm day.

Can you take that boat with 12 people in it out on windy day with 3' chop? I wouldn't, unless you like to swim.

If we're asking "how much power on stock blah blah blah" for the purposes of seeing max value and then backing off for a safety factor, I agree. But these "rules" and arbitrary limits are just that, it's guys and tuners and shops making power on a motor that's max'd out any sort of responsible safety factor or ability to accommodate for less than ideal conditions.

So, can you run 700 rwtq on stock axles? Sure, until it breaks.

You're probably going to get answers approaching or exceeding triple digits on the stock block and bottom end. Would Ford warranty 4 digits on that setup? Nope, cause they have to pay for carnage and failure and warranty claims.

My advice is to pick the level you want to be at and OVER shoot. If you want a 1000 rwhp setup, build the motor for 1500 hp.

You can have it fast, cheap or reliable. Pick any two.
Wow thanks for all that. What’s your setup? lol.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18psi is too much for stock engine for longevity imo, 10psi will get you close to 800hp on e85, if you want to run that much, be prepared to do an engine.
You can run more on e85. And really it comes down to the tune and timing. 10psi is a “blanket” rule For a lot of email tuners maybe where they don’t have a ton of time to stick with your car and it’s just gonna be “safe”.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You can run more on e85. And really it comes down to the tune and timing. 10psi is a “blanket” rule For a lot of email tuners maybe where they don’t have a ton of time to stick with your car and it’s just gonna be “safe”.
I am very familiar, i have been a racer for 22 years, and specialized in the coyote for 11, and we are the largest power adder dealer for coyotes out there.

18 is TOO much for longevity especially on a gen 3, IMO.

just because someone does it on youtube or on a shop car, i would never put a customer out with 18psi and tell him he can expect 100k miles out of it. even on e, 10-11 psi on a gen 3 with e85 is making roughly 800 wheel. can you make 1000 wheel, by all means, but be prepared to build an engine, if an engine is not in your budget, keep it at 10-11.

we always push our personal stuff, but thats our "personal" stuff. customers will always be put on notice, if they want to go above what we consider safe
Sponsored