Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

JackHoya

Found new one!

What you guys think?
All of the latest renders are starting to converge on a sort of consensus design it seems and this one captures it the best imo. Looks like the current s197 with a blend of the Evos.
Sponsored

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Found new one!

What you guys think?
Hey guys, just stumbled upon this site. Wow - didn't know my artwork was posted up here. Glad to see some input on it. The other black and white line art sketch with the Muscle Mustangs logo on it is also mine. That was my first stab at it. The gray rendered one was version 2. These first 2 concepts are very rough.
Now there's version 3 which is dialed in and rendered photo realistic, very tight and clean concept. Unfortunately I cannot really show it since it's been submitted to be in the next issue of MM&FF. I think in my honest opinion it's the best 2015 Mustang concept on the internet. I may be biased but with the exciting reaction I got from MM&FF magazine staff I think it's fair to say I developed a strong concept. For now all I can say is it's a GT500 and it's red - here's the teaser! More to come!

Krishna

Hey guys, just stumbled upon this site. Wow - didn't know my artwork was posted up here. Glad to see some input on it. The other black and white line art sketch with the Muscle Mustangs logo on it is also mine. That was my first stab at it. The gray rendered one was version 2. These first 2 concepts are very rough.
Now there's version 3 which is dialed in and rendered photo realistic, very tight and clean concept. Unfortunately I cannot really show it since it's been submitted to be in the next issue of MM&FF. I think in my honest opinion it's the best 2015 Mustang concept on the internet. I may be biased but with the exciting reaction I got from MM&FF magazine staff I think it's fair to say I developed a strong concept. For now all I can say is it's a GT500 and it's red - here's the teaser! More to come!
Doh! what a tease! Let me be the first to say, fine work Johnny. That version 2 gray one is my favorite render so far and I hope whatever design Ford used shares some of the styling language found in your renders.

hawkeye

Welcome John!

Probably too late for Ford to borrow any styling for the base and GT, but hey, maybe for the gt500?..... MY2017? The one after?? :D

Kudos on the great renders... Look forward to seeing the next one in MM&FF! :clap2:

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Thanks for the awesome welcome guys. I've already been PMing back and forth with jStang about the renderings I've been doing and I think I'd be fine with sharing my sketches, thoughts, etc. on where I think the Mustang might be headed as far as styling. I've been a Mustang freak since the mid 80's owning lots of fox body 5.0s, a 97 Cobra, and now my current 2006 Mustang GT. So he and I will surely chat some more and I think what I would be fine with is doing a couple unique versions of my Mustang renderings to throw up on the forums here.
Now for clues on what the above "masked" concept looks like -0 take a look at the gray Mustang concept rendering - I thought this one was good but maybe not chiseled or muscular enough. The nose also isn't aggressive enough for a GT500 so I made the openings larger. The roof line is still somewhat similar along with door and side rear windows. The leading edge of the front fender tops doesn't drop down into the door in the new concept - it goes straight back parallel with the side window. The rear quarter is also a little more chiseled up but similar in shape. The fog light area is more GT500 with large but well integrated round fog light recesses deep into the fascia. The side character lines are close but more refined and I beefed up the lower rocker panels. The rear ductail spoiler is much more integrated - think Aston Martin Vanquish but a little tighter. I'm working on a GT version and a rear view now. So I need to start thinking about that. The GT front end I think I have all sorted out already, just need to render it up.
This year my builder and I have a proposal in with Ford for an image vehicle to build for SEMA this year. We've worked with Chrysler a couple times building a couple SEMA show cars as well as GM. Finally I might have a good shot with Ford - Not a Mustang BTW. BUT, if all goes well, I'm hoping we'll have a shot at doing an S550 for SEMA. Time will tell.

Sponsored

OKCfan

JohnnyGMachine: Good to have you on. Your recent render was a hit with many of us here.

Exclusive Mustang6G renders by a real artist?? :hail: Can't wait.

You had me at "Aston Martin Vanquish but a little tighter" :D But, I'm personally even more interested in your GT version since GT500 will be out of my range anyway :)

So you've designed some SEMA cars? Can you share which vehicles you've done with Chrysler and GM?

NRMStand

John, thanks for sharing your thoughts on your renders.. it's a great resource for us here who can at least share thoughts about the s550 despite being starved for info from Ford. I actually thought your gray rendering was pretty spot on although the version 1 had a lot of elements I'd like to see in a mustang.

I'm curious about your thinking behind the version 1 sketch... I really liked it, tho the sharper lines, bigger hips, more angular look, large cowl hood, and generally larger/flatter hood and thinner grille area all reminded me of the styling language of the Camaro. Not a bad thing since I actually think the Camaro is a looker. The sketch also seemed to lose the c-scoop we're used to seeing with the Stang which I think you incorporated more with the gray render. Was the camaro influence intentional with the version 1 sketch?

The gray one definitely has a more modern/evos inspired look to it. Don't know what the rear looks like, but at least the 3/4 view looks more distinctively mustang look than the Evos, which is a definite plus in my book. :clap2:

DarkAgent10

Ditto what OKC said, would love to see the GT version/rear end posted up here when you that rendered up. Sweet stuff man. :cool:

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
I've always loved the Vanquish - it's muscular with beautiful clean flowing lines. They always seem to nail the rear ends on those cars perfectly too. If you look at how the rear wing/kick up flows around the tail and back of the car - THAT'S sort of where I think the Mustang could go. I HATE bolt on pedestal mount style spoilers. They look cheap and cheesy. The first thing I did when I bought '06 GT was take that off and buy a nice clean GT500 duck tail spoiler.
The GT front view will be cleaner than the GT500. The upper grill opening will be slightly shorter - closer to the EVOS grill but the lower details will be different - like the lower opening, fog light details etc. Rocker panels will also be slightly slimmer and I'll tone the wheels back some - maybe even on the GT500 version so they look a little less concept like - closer to real proportions maybe. What color should I do for the GT? I was thinking a nice deep blue color?

J

Melino

Agree completely about the bolt on pedestal mount spoilers.. much prefer the duck tail spoilers. The vanquish is a beautiful car no doubt, but just dont think it would still look maintain a distinctive mustang DNA if the front is already going to be evos inspired.

Sponsored

KZStang

Johnny, I think a deep blue would be nice for the GT since it's such a popular color already. Good call on the more real life proportions - too many renders out there look like cartoons or pure concepts.

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Agree completely about the bolt on pedestal mount spoilers.. much prefer the duck tail spoilers. The vanquish is a beautiful car no doubt, but just dont think it would still look maintain a distinctive mustang DNA if the front is already going to be evos inspired.
I wouldn't duplicate it on the Mustang - I'm just saying I'm inspired by it and i think there's a way of doing something similar to it on the Mustang so it says Mustang :)

I'll just have to draw it now! LOL

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
The renderings are looking much better, glad to see no more massive rear wheel bulge. I like the one before the batman looking car the best.