Sponsored

Alignment gurus.... I need your advice! ( DEALER INSTALLED SPRING UPSIDE DOWN)

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I thought on progressive rate springs the rate is increased the more the spring is compressed. The correct way to install progressive rate springs, is to have the tighter wound section at the bottom? lol

Oh well , we'll find out soon haha
Sponsored

joepro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
This is not a mustang bucket obviously but it illustrates the point!

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
This is not a mustang bucket obviously but it illustrates the point!
and the point is looking at the wrong spring, its bowing out a bit too because the shit doesnt fit lol

joepro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Just Google some springs you will see a lot of companies put the tight would section at the top, some on the bottom, its just how springs work, but the may not have seated that spring in properly...

16EBStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang/MT6
Same Problem

I now find myself in the same boat.

After suffering 50-70mph vibration issues, my dealer replaced 7 tires, 2 wheels, 2 driveshafts, the differential and two half shafts topped off by an alignment.

Now, my car "wags" on long sweeping right-hand curves and high speed pulls.

I haven't had the chance to look at my rear springs, but they were no doubt pulled out when they swapped my differential.

So what was the final fix for your swaying Mustang?

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
So after a weekend of driving my car dropped on Sportlines. Ive noticed some really weird issues, and I think they're alignment related.

Issue 1-

On hard acceleration or high speed pulls on the highway the car seems to sway back and forth. It feels really squirelly but not losing traction squirelly, just swaying right and left.

Issue 2-

On sweeping left hand turns , the car does the same thing. The car rocks side to side. On sweeping rights I dont feel anything wrong.

No clunks, creaks, or any other weirdness when turning full lock in parking lots or anything. Just on sweeping turns and hard acceleration do I feel that side to side swaying.

Here is my alignment sheet. Does the TOE seem way off , shouldnt they be the same? Is this what could be causing the weird problems?

JFyeQ70.jpg
I can't tell if you have a PP or not with the factory T2R but the swaying with high speed pulls has everything to do with how a Torsen diff works (by varying torque to each wheel as one speeds up/slows down due to gaining/losing traction. It could also be tramlining in the road or alignment.

My guess on the issue with turning is a blown shock or strut. These cars have crappy factory dampers that aren't valved correctly for stock springs, let a lone aftermarket ones. If one is blown you'll get a "porpoising" from the inside rear to the outside front and back again. It was a massive problem on the factory S550 until I put a real set of shocks/struts on the car. As for why it is doing it in one direction and not the other.... probably a blown shock on the driver rear or passenger front shock/strut.
Sponsored