Sponsored

Alarm goes off when I open the door no matter how I unlock the car.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ever since the headers were installed and the battery was disconnected for a couple of hours the alarm goes off when I open the door. I can lock it with the FOB or the door press pad and makes no difference. I can unlock it with the FOB or the hand behind the handle and it goes off when I open the door. I know it does lock because I left the FOB in the back part of the house and went to the garage to test it. It's locked.

It was suggested to do a battery re=learn which I did. That seemed to have fixed it but the alarm is back to going off when the door is opened.

Tha battery is the original (2019) but I keep it on a CTEK maintainer and the lights indicate the battery is doing fine. I have never had a problem starting the car so I am perplexed.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I would check fuses to see if one didn’t blow. I have done headers and full exhaust and I never had any issues. Also did you check to see if the headers aren’t touching any other metal or grounding points? If I leave my fob in the car, it never lock itself. If I lock with the fob and leave the windows down and then unlock the car with the inside unlock button or the inside handle then the alarm does go off.

Last edited: