AJ Hartman Aero's GT350 Build

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Why would I scrap it at this point? I looked at that levittown kit after reading that other thread on this forum a while ago. Seems like a decent option but still needs some tinkering to fit with GT350 intake tube. Plus, I like to make things out of carbon.
I was only giving you an option if you decided it wasn't worth the try with carbon. Carry on. 👍
Sponsored

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
I was only giving you an option if you decided it wasn't worth the try with carbon. Carry on. 👍
Thanks. Real world time vs forum world is funny. I already made 3 out of carbon now (one for myself and 2 heading to other people to double check fitment and take pictures) and editing the video making the actual carbon part. So in real life I'm a week or two ahead of what I get a chance to post. I'll post that video and the final carbon part in a few days.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What specifically are you waiting to see? I touch on a bunch of stuff in the wind tunnel video in post #5 and can achieve balance in many different setups. I'm gonna do an "all in" approach on my own car and I did our Fulcrum 14 wing install in a video in post #7.
Yes sir. The Fulcrum 14 with the louvers up front have been posted so far. What I have been waiting to see is how you build your front splitter whether you are going with any tunnels or air dams.

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
Yes sir. The Fulcrum 14 with the louvers up front have been posted so far. What I have been waiting to see is how you build your front splitter whether you are going with any tunnels or air dams.
To start I'm gonna just do our standard 5" kit that we tested in the tunnel. They've been available for a while now. But eventually, yes, I'll do a whole new entire undertray with much larger tunnels and larger splitter and shoot to double the Df of this kit.

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Hi AJ. I get that your primary motivation for constructing this air box lid was to keep the filter dry for GT350s with hood vents, but what other benefits might it provide? For example, what expectations should we have for the effect on IATs using this lid?

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Do you have any plans to sell these lids? If so i might be interested in one.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
Finally got a chance to make it to VIR and test some of our aero parts. Full video coming but for now just a couple pictures from the weekend. Saturday I ran the first 2 sessions with stock GT350R aero. Then at lunch, added my wing and splitter and ran 2 more sessions. Non aero I had a 2:12.5 (predicted) was my best. With my aero, 2:08.3 actual lap time. I'm sure I left some time on the table in the non aero setup, but I'm also sure I left some time on the table in the aero setup. Sunday unfortunately rained in the morning session. Was kinda dry but a drizzle second session. Finally added canards sunday afternoon for one session but on my 2:07.9 (predictive) was messed up by the checkers coming out at Turn 12. Womp womp. But still a fun weekend and can say that our aero kit (5" splitter and Fulcrum 14 wing) is worth around 4 seconds at VIR over GT350R aero and canards should be another 3 tenths to half second. I'm gonna do a data video for those that like that stuff.
image_6487327 (1).JPG
image_6483441 (1).JPG
image_6483441 (2).JPG
image_6483441.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
Weekend recap. I'm starting to like this car and have a bunch more mods planned.

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
A small detail part that we tested in the wind tunnel was blocking the air curtains. A small Df gain as well as a small increase in cooling capacity make these a positive gain. Little bits add up!

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
Revisiting an old idea in this one. But with better tools was able to make something much nicer.

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
I'm working on the splitter mounting but heres a quick "test" of the new rods.

Sponsored