ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
I've been waiting about a year to do this video. Finally able to put all the pieces together and finalize the video. If you like CFD and data, I go over the finer details on my splitter in this one.

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
In my never ending pursuit of aero performance, I recently took my car the the Aerodyne wind tunnel. This tunnel is cool cause the wheels can rotate with vehicle speed and has a boundry layer controlled floor as well as the rams the car is mounted to can manipulate the car in different ride heights, rakes, yaws, and rolls. We were able to corelate some CFD data, as well as data from the A2 wind tunnel to compare. Data, data, data!

IMG_6737.JPG
IMG_6737.JPG
IMG_6740.JPG

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
I'm terrible at updating this but been working on a ton of things. Track day video testing my coilover mag ride conversion below. Ended up dropping over 2 seconds around VIR from my previous best. Production pieces have showed up and several kits are now out an about and ran in anger on track.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
Humming along with several consecutive projects at a time. Some may be turned into videos and some I'm just gonna nock out. I've finalized the mag ride coilover conversions and production pieces showed up. Several are out and already ran in anger on track. I'm working on making myself solid spherical bushings along with adjustable sway bar end links. I've decided to remove the E brake and wanted to remove the OEM cast iron backing plate so some E brake shims were cut and will save just over an extra 5lbs in the rear. Not much but easy weight savings. Made a mold of the oil filter trap door and turned into carbon. This is the precursor to molding and making a carbon fiber GT350 under tray. Whats cool is since the front subframes are essentially the same among all S550's, it can easily attach to any S550...I think. I'm also exploring options to fit my brakes under 18" wheels cause I'm leaning towards turning the GT350 into an American Iron car.

IMG_7096.JPG
IMG_7098.JPG
IMG_7099.JPG
IMG_7100.JPG
IMG_7077.JPG
IMG_7091.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG
IMG_7082.JPG
swaybar link front.PNG
swaybar link rear.PNG

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
My car was in a million pieces so used a friends car to do the install video of the rear adjustable spring perches.

OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
Two update videos. One going over how I corner balance and align the car with our mag ride coilover conversion kits. The other was a track day with both cars. Got the racecar down to a 2:01.8 and the GT350 down to a 2:04.9

Sponsored
OP
OP
ajhartman

ajhartman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ajhartmanaero.com
Vehicle(s)
99 GT and 2016 GT350
Update time. My last event last season went terrible. You can watch how much I hate this car below.

But to make lemons from lemonaide I designed and made myself a 25% underdrive alternator pulley. This should really help alternators live a bit longer. I'll see if a solid (non clutch) pulley will work at some point.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hey AJ,
Sorry to see your video but that's the life of track cars sometimes. I was supposed to be at VIR today, but I'm sitting at home because of suspension fault, drive modes not available and speed limited to 80 mph. Should have done my shake-down run a few days ago, but life got in the way and couldn't do it until morning of departure. As with your situation, everything is fixable and it will get sorted out.
Hope you and I can run together sometime this year.

Victor
Sponsored