AIT, FPPP2 and underhood pony observation

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
When I first picked up the car, it was completely stock. I read a ton on here about the air inlet temps and cai. I watched mine and generally the ait was within a couple of degrees of ambient temp. All is good.

Then added the FP Power Pack 2. I saw that while driving at speed, the ait was close to the ambient temo, usually 5 to 10 degrees higher. Not a huge deal.

Then I removed the hood liner amd did the anchor room graphics of the oval and pony. While out today, I kind of frealed out for a minute. Outside temp was about 50. The ait was about 95! Took a minite to run through everything in my head to figure out that the cause was the lack of the hood liner.

So if anyone is considering the PP2 and the under hood pony, be aware that it WILL, affect the air inlet temp a great deal.

If anyone has a template for a lid in cad, revit, or even a pdf with some dimensions that they would be willing to share, Ibsure would appreciate it.
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
When I first picked up the car, it was completely stock. I read a ton on here about the air inlet temps and cai. I watched mine and generally the ait was within a couple of degrees of ambient temp. All is good.

Then added the FP Power Pack 2. I saw that while driving at speed, the ait was close to the ambient temo, usually 5 to 10 degrees higher. Not a huge deal.

Then I removed the hood liner amd did the anchor room graphics of the oval and pony. While out today, I kind of frealed out for a minute. Outside temp was about 50. The ait was about 95! Took a minite to run through everything in my head to figure out that the cause was the lack of the hood liner.

So if anyone is considering the PP2 and the under hood pony, be aware that it WILL, affect the air inlet temp a great deal.

If anyone has a template for a lid in cad, revit, or even a pdf with some dimensions that they would be willing to share, Ibsure would appreciate it.
Lots of folks have make a cover to close the power pack intake.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I've seen several of the covers, and most of them look great. I was hoping someone had done it up in cad or another graphics program I can transfer to a 3d printer.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I've seen several of the covers, and most of them look great. I was hoping someone had done it up in cad or another graphics program I can transfer to a 3d printer.
It really isn't something you need a 3D printer for, it's a flat cover.

If you have a printer you could model something up.
Sponsored