LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Hi Guys

I have a DD familycar '17 GT export model here in Copenhagen, Denmark.
I bought it brand new, with a 7 months wait from order, 'till I could drive it home.
As we have 150% car taxes here, the S550 is pretty rare to see on the streets. I have only seen 35 different ones since I saw my first one back in September '15.

So anything I put on the car, needs to fit and work perfectly, as I just can't easily sell stuff I don't want, need anyways or anything like that.

I always wanted to have bags on the car, but as I had never worked on a car before, that seemed like a really daunting task. So I ended up putting some Pedders eXtreme XA coil overs on it.

And tho they are great, I still want to bag it, and now Airlift have a big sale, it might be time to pull the trigger. But as I have a little baby girl and a 9 year old, we need all the trunkspace.

So I was thinking a setup where the tank/compressor is down in the spare tire well.
So I looked at the Airlift P3 setup, but the AccuAir Endo-CVT tank looks super sweet. I saw a guy on Instagram with that tank, and I really like how quiet it is.
Any problem running the AccuAir tank with the Air Lift setup?
Anywhere I can buy the setup I want? Not too interested in buying parts I don't need.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. :please:
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No dramas mixing the Endo CVT management system with the Airlift bags.
Do you plan to do the work yourself or pay someone?

OP
OP
LarsenGrind

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
No dramas mixing the Endo CVT management system with the Airlift bags.
Do you plan to do the work yourself or pay someone?
Great. I will do the install myself.
My concern is how I make sure that I have all the parts I need, if I dont buy the complete system from AirLift.
But that 3gallon Endo CVT tank really speaks to me.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Great. I will do the install myself.
My concern is how I make sure that I have all the parts I need, if I dont buy the complete system from AirLift.
But that 3gallon Endo CVT tank really speaks to me.
If you were to pick up the kit pictured here, plus the bags themselves, you’ll be 99% of the way there.
My suggestions would be to install all the electrical and air supply BEFORE fitting the bags themselves. That way you can still use the car if you find you need something extra.
All air fittings are included between the two kits, you won’t have any issues there.
What you might find is that you need to extend the wiring harness a little etc etc.
It’s worth noting that Accuair also have an Australia specific E-level device, which prevents the vehicle from airing out unless the handbrake is engaged. They’ve done that to satisfy our laws regarding minimum height. If you have similar laws, you may want to consider that as an option, bearing in mind that it requires a switch fitted to the handbrake for activation.
There’s a thread in the Australian section where one of our locals to the time to detail the install of his Airlift height based system. You may get some decent info regarding the mounting of the height sensors front that one.
I’ll see if I can find it for you.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase