12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Since taking the front bumper off and installing the US grill and LEDs yesterday, the airbag light has come on and stays solid. Anyone else have this problem? My guess is that I haven't fully clicked in one of the impact sensors or something.
Sponsored

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
If it is like the wife's golf when it was in a panel beater when one of the connectors is detached the system think it has been replaced (for an accident) and requires the diagnostic system plugged in and reset. You may need to take to Ford

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
If it is like the wife's golf when it was in a panel beater when one of the connectors is detached the system think it has been replaced (for an accident) and requires the diagnostic system plugged in and reset. You may need to take to Ford
Could be. That would mean everyone who has replaced the front grill would have this problem though. I'll check the connections and if that doesn't work it will have to be back to Ford. Dumb.

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
GT 6MT, Falcon FGX XR6 Ute & Focus ST
perhaps the battery needs to be disconnected before taking off the bumper?
reset the airbag light on other cars is normally a plug into the OBD port with diagnostic tool.

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
perhaps the battery needs to be disconnected before taking off the bumper?
reset the airbag light on other cars is normally a plug into the OBD port with diagnostic tool.
None of the product instructions or videos say to disconnect the battery for front bumper removal, which is why I didn't do it. It will be a bugger to have to go back to Ford to reset it.

Sponsored

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
yeah those SRS / Airbag systems are really painful, it's probably thinking there is a fault after disconnecting the sensors would be my pick. its a 5 minute job to clear the air bag light with the right OBD scanner. On Older BMW there is a small plug in module that can reset air bag and service lights only rather than having a full blown diagnostic scanner.

for me I disconnect battery before unplugging or doing anything that involves the electrical system

Last edited:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I didn't disconnect the battery when i did this. I'd re check the pedestrian protection sensor connection. This is the only thing that gets disconnected that may impact, otherwise it's a coincidence ya airbag sensor light is on

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't disconnect the battery when i did this. I'd re check the pedestrian protection sensor connection. This is the only thing that gets disconnected that may impact, otherwise it's a coincidence ya airbag sensor light is on
Yeah I'll check the connections again tonight. Hopefully I just haven't clicked one in properly.

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
I am maybe just a safety freak, but I would be disconnecting battery and removing SRS fuses before going near the SRS sensors.

just imagine all air bags deploying in the car, thats a big oops.
it's enough to give me the shits LOL

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Solved! Loose front impact system connector on the driver's side. Plugged it back in and the light has gone. Fantastic.