Airaid Cold Air Intake Kit MXP Series With Blue SynthaMax Filter

Discussion in 'V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by toplessfun, Jun 30, 2015.

1. toplessfun

toplessfun Photographer / IS Guy

First Name:
    Yanki
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT Convertible
    0   0   0
    Installed this CAI last night.

Followed the video provided by CJ Pony Parts. It was a very easy install. Took me about 45 minutes.

The fitment was perfect. The sound out of the car is phenomenal. I have the Solo Performance X-Pipe Catback and in conjunction with this CAI, the sound has changed a bit. I notice more deeper tones, and unfortunately for my neighbours... it has also gotten a little louder.

I'm very happy with it. This CAI does not require a tune. Eventually I will tune the car, but not at this time.

It comes with a sound tube delete kit for the cabin. I decided to keep it. They provide a hose to replace the factory one. They also include plugs should you decide not to use a sound tube at all. FullSizeRender-3.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg FullSizeRender-1.jpg

POOPonYOU likes this.
  2. Brian@Vossen

[email protected] Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle(s):
    A Mustang with a V8
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
  3. MontelG

MontelG Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
    0   0   0
    Looks great! I've got the same kit coming in the mail any day now. I can't wait to install it. Did you find any gotcha's or tips for the install?

4. COSTANG

COSTANG Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle(s):
    Competition Orange 15 GT
    0   0   0
    How is the noise? Any power difference?? I was contemplating getting one of these but I'm not sure if it's worth the sealed box

5. MontelG

MontelG Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
    0   0   0
    I was a bit hesitant on the sealed box as well. But, then I saw a few videos on the amount of water that comes in the hood vents. In one video I saw, the filter was absolutely soaked. Granted, they were testing worst case conditions. It was enough to sway me toward a sealed box vs an open one out of abundance of caution. I'm sure an open box would be fine but having a sealed box gives me one less thing to worry about.

6. Tommy V

Tommy V Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tommy
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    Be careful releasing the plastic clips on the hoses going to the intake tube,they brake easy,no tools needed just push the clip in the middle and slide the hose off.Other then that make sure u tighten up all ur clamps good!!!!.

MontelG likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    toplessfun

First Name:
    Yanki
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    The Mass Air Sensor is the only part that had me a little scared... it is quite a reach. :( But there is enough slack in it after I played around with it a bit.

Also, I would suggest not doing this at night... hahah The Mosquitoes had a feast that night.

And, yes I do feel more get up and go power. Not sure by what measure, but it is noticeable. Noise level... well, my exhaust is quite loud as it is so I don't hear much from the engine area... but I can tell you my exhaust tone is a bit deeper and louder now too.

MontelG likes this.
  8. raider5oh

raider5oh Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
    0   0   0
    Now get rid of that sound tube...

9. OP
    OP
    toplessfun

First Name:
    Yanki
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    What exactly does that sound tube do? I know the airraid package came with a sound tube delete kit, but I was following the CJ PonyParts install video in which they opted to keep it.

10. Vile_the_Bastage

Vile_the_Bastage of Clan Bastage

First Name:
    Internet Legend
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    It's supposed to pump engine bay noise into the quiet cabin, but does a horrible job of it. A lot of forum members just get rid of it (myself included) to clean up the engine bay.

If you want to hear some good sound, do a catback system, or a resonator delete with or without some axlebacks. Sound tube is worthless.

11. Br725

Br725 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Idk about the Airraid instructions but I have the same exact style Livernois intake, and their directions tell you to remove the engine cover and I think the strut tower bar. I didn't take off either. Just angle the worm clamps so that you can tighten it down good once it's on the intake manifold.