Sponsored

AG 17-Everything was going smoothly until...

Prowl647

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I located my Shelby in Iowa-AG 17 base with white stripes. The deal and the signing went smoothly. Unbelievably so. Then came the shipping. I had heard horror stories about using brokers but in the end that's what I ultimately went with. Amerifreight has been great. They even were able to secure an enclosed trailer for me. Awesome!

I began to think something will happen in transit whether it be delayed, hi-jacked or fall off the trailer. Nope. It arrived a day later than expected but I was in communication with the driver the whole time.

Wait a minute, this went way too smoothly to get my dream car. What's the catch?

So the day of arrival finally came. I see the trailer come into the neighborhood park and I watch in anticipation as the trailer door comes down. There she is, my car. As the driver is beginning to unload her I notice him get in and then all of a sudden a loud, sickening thud as he puts it into first gear instead of reverse. My car smashes into the vehicle inside of the trailer in front of it. After it is backed all the way out I see that it has a small yet very obvious dent in the front bumper.

I stood there in disbelief. I did not know what to do or say.

Driver stated he did not know how to drive stick. Are you F#$%$% kidding me?

They leave telling me that they would pay the shop all I had to do was send them an estimate to their email. No big deal.

So after I leave I begin to think how that made no sense. I filed with their insurance company and now I am being told they are still investigating the incident because they cannot get a hold of the driver or the company. Granted it's been 5 days but wtf. You just crashed your customers 60k car. I attempted to call them but get the run around and told to call someone else in the company. Decided to also file on my own insurance at this point. I really am at a loss here. Thanks for listening. Rant off

TLDR: Transport driver puts Shelby into first instead of Reverse and smashes into vehicle in front of it. Now driver is not responding to calls from his own insuranace company. (First world problems)

Sponsored

Last edited:

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry to hear the shipping company were clueless baboons.
They have a crappy rating on yelp.
Seems they are nothing more than a middle man and not a true car shipping company.

I recently shipped my GT350 from NYC to Las Vegas. I totally understand the anxiety of shipping your baby.

I went with a company called intercitylines.com for my car.
If you ever need to ship a car again they are the best in the business.

Hope you get your baby fixed good as new.
Keep the forum posted and welcome to the club.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
bummer. Good luck with the process

koopatroopa781

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue
Bummer man. Hopefully this gets sorted out. I had no luck with the transportation business either.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Best to leave with your insurance company at this point, make collecting from the shipping company/driver's insurance their problem, which is what you pay them for. Much more effective going company to company and you're not at fault. Also, enables you to start repairs sooner.

Sponsored

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
damn damn damn...I have the same color/stripes. Good luck, it will get fixed and you'll be enjoying it in no time.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Sorry to hear the shipping company were clueless baboons.
They have a crappy rating on yelp.
Seems they are nothing more than a middle man and not a true car shipping company.

I recently shipped my GT350 from NYC to Las Vegas. I totally understand the anxiety of shipping your baby.

I went with a company called intercitylines.com for my car.
If you ever need to ship a car again they are the best in the business.

Hope you get your baby fixed good as new.
Keep the forum posted and welcome to the club.
I've also heard bad things about brokers. I decided not to cheap out and went with Intercity Lines. Not only did I have to pay 50% more, I also had to wait for an available window for them to pick up the car. While the car was in transport, I slept easy because of their reputation.

Sucks that happened to you OP, but you saw the warning signs and still went ahead with it anyways.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
This totally sucks. Good luck with the fix.

I bought my GT350 out of state too and had to ship it as well. I used Passport and luckily they delivered.

OP
OP
Prowl647

Prowl647

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've also heard bad things about brokers. I decided not to cheap out and went with Intercity Lines. Not only did I have to pay 50% more, I also had to wait for an available window for them to pick up the car. While the car was in transport, I slept easy because of their reputation.

Sucks that happened to you OP, but you saw the warning signs and still went ahead with it anyways.
Yup. All my fault. AmeriFreight has actually been really good. When I tried finding actual carriers it was hit or miss

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Jeez I'm sorry. There's always a risk associated with anything we do, and I don't think it's fair to judge what risks are acceptable to each of us. I'm curious though about the driver who said he can't drive stick. He said that before getting into the car? And he was still able to back the car down the ramp?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Prowl647

Prowl647

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
His boss was there too. For some damn reason the boss decided to let idiot drive. After the impact the boss got in and reversed it out no problem

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
His boss was there too. For some damn reason the boss decided to let idiot drive. After the impact the boss got in and reversed it out no problem
Wow! Sorry to hear about the mishap... effin frustrating for sure. That company should never hire transport drivers who do not know how to properly/comfortably drive a manual. One would think that should be a part of the vetting & qualification process right?? :frusty:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Doesn't look so bad in the pic. But a little heat with a heat gun will probably release the crease. Sorry to hear of this.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
[MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION]... what a mess this poor dude encountered.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I can sure appreciate your problem and the grief you're going through. I shipped mine from PA to Calif and used basically the same process you did to get it done enclosed as cheaply as possible. I did research the company through Yelp and any other means I could find. Found very good ratings for them and about 2/3 the price of the front line shippers like FedEx, Passport, Intercity, Reliable. My car actually arrived early a couple days and that caught me a bit off guard but I was able to handle that situation. So my experience was good and I would use them again. Now if I'm shipping a $200K classic I might spend the premium dollars with the front line companies. I think the piece of mind would be worth the extra money. Good luck with getting it repaired.
Sponsored