Sponsored

Aftermarket Sub/amp with 401a

G-Rell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hey all,

need some advice on adding an additional sub (amp and cap) to my 15GT premium. I've read everything I can (in a short time frame), but most i've found is adding to a shaker system without a sub.

My mono amp is a Boston Acoustics GTA800M and has a RCA and Speaker Level inputs.

Would it be best to use the rear speakers as the input signal or should I be using a signal off the factory amp?

Is there a remote signal wire i should tap for the amp switch (power on/off?)

Any advice or links would be great. If rear speaker signal is best, an additional advice on tuning off this setup would be awesome. Gain voltage is set for the sub.

Thanks everyone
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Hey all,

need some advice on adding an additional sub (amp and cap) to my 15GT premium. I've read everything I can (in a short time frame), but most i've found is adding to a shaker system without a sub.

My mono amp is a Boston Acoustics GTA800M and has a RCA and Speaker Level inputs.

Would it be best to use the rear speakers as the input signal or should I be using a signal off the factory amp?

Is there a remote signal wire i should tap for the amp switch (power on/off?)

Any advice or links would be great. If rear speaker signal is best, an additional advice on tuning off this setup would be awesome. Gain voltage is set for the sub.

Thanks everyone
Somewhere in the many threads is a post that shows the wiring for the subwoofer plug... I'd have to search to find it. Anyway, I'd try to find that thread and use the info there to determine how to tap the wiring and feed your Boston amp. The plug that feeds the factory sub amp should contain both low-level (RCA) signals and a turn on signal.

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
Hi ,
I just installed JL AUDIO JX 500 mono block amp and the JL Audio Stealthbox sub in my premium. I didn't use the rear speaker but I ran to the wire harness under the rear seat. It looks much cleaner with no wire hanging from the rear speaker.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I tapped off the rear speakers with positaps. Ran high level RCA to the amp.
Tucked it with flex tubing.
35380233590_b14238c964_k.jpg
20170411_152531 by chefjpd, on Flickr
Sponsored