Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Curious if anyone has or plans to go with aftermarket seats/seat covers to break up The Sea of Black that Ford deems necessary on the GT500. Sure would be cool if they offered interior color choices like back in the '60s, or even on the lesser S550s.

Post pics if you've done it.....
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Had they been able to come close to matching material with the body color, I think I'd have opted for those color Recaros and maybe the black, no CF part of the dash in red, too Heck, maybe even the carpet and headliner. :-) Toyota did it in their Camry's (and others I imagine,) and I personally think it looks really good.

If only...but no, this owner has no plans to alter the seating material.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I have some visuals coming to tie in with the seats, but I am not changing the seat covers. I am interested to see what other people do.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Curious if anyone has or plans to go with aftermarket seats/seat covers to break up The Sea of Black that Ford deems necessary on the GT500. Sure would be cool if they offered interior color choices like back in the '60s, or even on the lesser S550s.

Post pics if you've done it.....
I'd be interested to get rid of that stupid smoke grey accent on the Recaros. That color scheme might go with certain colors, but rapid red, black stripes, and smoke grey inserts on th interior?

Alternative ideas welcome

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
You should be able to have the white ‘smoke grey’ accents dyed to your color by an upholstery shop or higher end furniture place that does repairs.
I spoke with the Recaro rep at Track Tour and the stock Recaros are a combination of leather vinyl and alcantara.
Also she said the non power option saves 15-20#.
-J

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You should be able to have the white ‘smoke grey’ accents dyed to your color by an upholstery shop or higher end furniture place that does repairs.
I spoke with the Recaro rep at Track Tour and the stock Recaros are a combination of leather vinyl and alcantara.
Also she said the non power option saves 15-20#.
-J
The car is special. I wouldn't do anything to permanently change the car from how it was built and delivered. I would consider covers or new seats. I wouldn't want to permanently modify anything original OEM.

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The entire reason for this train of thought is a memory of a '67 GT500 I saw at a show many, many moons ago, which was Nightmist Blue with a parchment interior.

Once I finally get around to ordering one of these it's going to be dark blue, and that memory won't go away....

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'd be interested to get rid of that stupid smoke grey accent on the Recaros. That color scheme might go with certain colors, but rapid red, black stripes, and smoke grey inserts on th interior?
At least it's a neutral color, it's just kind of an "extra" color. Not having a couple of interior seat color options was a bit of a bummer, they could've done the existing ones, plus a solid black, and red. Now you've got all the neutral/neutral options matched, a solid black for folks like yourself that want kind of a no-extra-color blending, and red for people who want something that really pops.

Silver, black, white, gray, with those massive [red] brakes and red seating? Yes please.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
At least it's a neutral color, it's just kind of an "extra" color. Not having a couple of interior seat color options was a bit of a bummer, they could've done the existing ones, plus a solid black, and red. Now you've got all the neutral/neutral options matched, a solid black for folks like yourself that want kind of a no-extra-color blending, and red for people who want something that really pops.

Silver, black, white, gray, with those massive [red] brakes and red seating? Yes please.
I agree. With the way I am pissing through money right now, the seat project will have to wait.

OP
OP
Strokerswild

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Yeah, I'm partial to my gray over red seats in my '15. It would be nice to have a few choices on the GT500....

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Red Seats would be Pimp.....course i say this never owning all red seats but my 2008 G8 GT had black/red seats and I thought they looked great, just enough red and just enough black. Color options would have been nice, but I am too cheap to get aftermarket covers, not worth it to me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Black seats with red accents where the smoked grey is would be perfect.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I sense someone at Ford felt they just had to differentiate the GT500 Recaro such that it wouldn't be mistaken for the GT350R version. Red would have been killer too.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Or maybe Ford will actually show some interest in this vehicle (now that they've "launched it") and offer the terror of a GT500 with a super sexy black and red themed interior and Recaro's that we know they wanted to do.... likely in 2022. As always, Ford always does the model you've waited years for in the waning moments before a given chassis is killed off to make room for the next one.
Sponsored