Sponsored

Aftermarket Oil Pressure Gauge "twitch"?

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I just installed a "cost effective" amazon electric oil pressure gauge in my '18 GT Premium. My question is to those who may have done this as well, does your gauge twitch/jerk like this? Or does it do that because its an off brand cheaper gauge? It does smooth out once I'm at a steady cruising speed.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Could be the ground sucks. Or the cheap amazon gauge sucks. Autometer for the win.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The “twitch”, are you referring to the idle bouncing between 15 and 20 psi or the big jumps 40-60 and back?

OP
OP
TXGTPig

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The “twitch”, are you referring to the idle bouncing between 15 and 20 psi or the big jumps 40-60 and back?
The idle twitch. It also does that twitch while accelerating, however it was hard to get it on this video and shift at the same time. I'm assuming the big jump is the solenoid opening.

OP
OP
TXGTPig

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So figured I'd update this if anyone comes across this thread with a similar problem. When I tightened the aftermarket sensor, or lack of, I didn't give it enough ugga-duggas. This caused a small oil leak, which I believe may have been what my issue was. Fixed that, but I also re-routed the sensor wire as it was running against the alternator and some alternator wires. Not sure if that would of had any effect, but electronics can be finicky. Between these two things, gauge works way better now.
Sponsored