Aftermarket Hood for 15-17 GT

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I am looking potentially at an aftermarket hood. My 2015 hood has corrosion eating through the paint and I'm outside my 60,000 mile warranty. I liked the look of the Cervini stalker hood but I keeping reading their customer service is shit.

Requirements: I will occasionally track the car. So I don't need any problems at high speed cropping up.

And water drainage is an issue as I have an open CAI - although the CAI filter does have a hydrophobic sleeve (JLT CAI + filter). But probably best for water not to pour right on it. Also, I don't want any issues with potentially messing up the MAF curve if there is too much turbulence. I am not sure if this is a thing - or not.

Any suggestions are welcome. My bumper is stock and my grille is also stock. I am not super flashy but a little pizzazz might be OK by me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bulletthe5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This is more of a what not to get as opposed to what to get. I've got an MP Concepts GT500 hood and front-end kit and it never fits correctly no matter the adjustments I've made. When I get over 80mph air starts to get under the hood and shakes a little. It looks amazing, I don't do any racing and have more of a show off my car setup.

In years of customizing cars I have realized any modification that requires reworking full body panels of a car tend to create additional issues. If you can keep the same hood and just do the body work on it you are probably better off. If you want to add winglets or other body modifications that give better aerodynamics and aesthetics you'd probably be better off.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
This is more of a what not to get as opposed to what to get. I've got an MP Concepts GT500 hood and front-end kit and it never fits correctly no matter the adjustments I've made. When I get over 80mph air starts to get under the hood and shakes a little. It looks amazing, I don't do any racing and have more of a show off my car setup.

In years of customizing cars I have realized any modification that requires reworking full body panels of a car tend to create additional issues. If you can keep the same hood and just do the body work on it you are probably better off. If you want to add winglets or other body modifications that give better aerodynamics and aesthetics you'd probably be better off.
Thanks for the response. I may end up getting a new OEM hood and get it painted by a body shop. I actually like the stock hood and it functions how it should do.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have no feedback as I am currently on a stock hood as well. But I was eyeing the Cervinis Cobra R style. I am interested to see others feedback on their aftermarket hoods.

Sponsored

2015GT50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have the same issue with corrosion on my 2015 hood and looking at what best options are for aftermarket hood.

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
I just bought a GT500 KR Aluminum hood for my 2015. I'll let you know how it fits.
who did you get it through and have you fit it yet? im currently trying to sort through and find hood that fits and looks good as well as functional

SevenForgedBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Performance GT
who did you get it through and have you fit it yet? im currently trying to sort through and find hood that fits and looks good as well as functional
I got in on eBay for 1300 and prices look like they have gone through the roof since then. I have not even taken out of the box yet. Its aluminum and I'm planning on getting painted in January. I'm hoping the main carbon fiber vent can fit it from the GT500.
Sponsored