• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Aftermarket Front Facing Camera

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
it's funny you mention adding the folding mirrors. recently, i was planning out something to retrofit folding mirrors. it will cost about $1700 in parts. requires new mirror assemblies, mirror caps, driver and passenger door wiring harnesses, the window/mirror control switches, and the surround for them
Power folding mirror would be nice.
Especially at a car wash.
The Mustang mirrors are a little smaller than the F150.
I donā€™t have the Tow mirrors, their even a lot larger.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
But they ā€˜requireā€™ backup sensors and camera ? Same thing going forward as going back, if you aint looking or cant see.
The mandate isn't because people are hitting curbs with thier low slung sports cars. It's because they are backing into moving traffic and backing over things, including kids). There are far more blind spots going backward vs forward.

As far as folding mirrors? Absolutely unnecessary on a Mustang, but a must on a truck with wide mirrors. Love them on my F150, and an absolute must on my F350 with the trailer tow mirrors.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power folding mirror would be nice. Especially at a car wash.
WTH are you taking your Mustang through a car wash for? It's gonna look like swirl city after just a few trips!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The mandate isn't because people are hitting curbs with thier low slung sports cars. It's because they are backing into moving traffic and backing over things, including kids). There are far more blind spots going backward vs forward.

As far as folding mirrors? Absolutely unnecessary on a Mustang, but a must on a truck with wide mirrors. Love them on my F150, and an absolute must on my F350 with the trailer tow mirrors.
Forward blind spots exist as well, especially the higher one sits.

only caution is disregarded when going in reverse, i guess that makes sense.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forward blind spits exist as well, especially the higher one sits.

only caution is disregarded when going in reverse, i guess that makes sense.
I didn't say there weren't any going forward. I said far MORE blind spots exist going backwards AND the mandate wasn't put in place to keep your splitter from getting scratched ... šŸ˜‰

I, too, would have liked a front facing camera, but the fact is, it's primary purpose is not the same as a rear facing camera. Not the 'same thing going forward as going back'.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as folding mirrors?
Very handy for these small parking spots we are required to squeeze into, move that person grab outta the way.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't say there weren't any going forward. I said far MORE blind spots exist going backwards AND the mandate wasn't put in place to keep your splitter from getting scratched ... šŸ˜‰
But thatā€™s my point, they only care when going backwards? Same tech same solution just half ā€¦

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But thatā€™s my point, they only care when going backwards? Same tech same solution just half ā€¦
Going back is for safety of people and backing into traffic. Going forward would be to preserve your splitter.

If you can't go forward without running over people, perhaps you need to give up driving ... šŸ˜‰

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very handy for these small parking spots we are required to squeeze into, move that person grab outta the way.
IMHO, mirrors on the Mustang are small enough they don't need that. Not the same as a pickup, especially with much wider mirrors.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going back is for safety of people and backing into traffic. Going forward would be to preserve your splitter. If you can't go forward without running over people, perhaps you need to give up driving.
And the same for going backwards, the car aint doing itself.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the same for going backwards, the car aint doing itself.
Nope. Far harder to see looking back vs forward. Nowhere near the same.

Again, if it were the same, the government safety mandate would be for cameras facing BOTH directions. But it's not.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Again, if it were the same, the government safety mandate would be for cameras facing BOTH directions. But it's not.
Only reason itā€™s more difficult is cause you aint looked.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Oddly emergency braking is in the front?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only reason itā€™s more difficult is cause you aint looked.
Nope.

Short people (not me), people with neck or back issues, and a variety of other folks can't turn around as well.

Beyond that, most (all?) vehicles simply has/have more blind spots when looking backwards (from the driver's seat) compared to looking forward.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope.

Short people (not me), people with neck or back issues, and a variety of other folks can't turn around as well.

Beyond that, most (all?) vehicles simply has/have more blind spots when looking backwards (from the driver's seat) compared to looking forward.
However the justification for the requirement is also applicable for forward motion.
Sponsored