Aftermarket Clutch Fluid Line

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I'd go steeda because it's a one piece design. Less chance of over tightening or leaking. Having said that I've used both with out issues.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks, NGOT8R, I am glad that you asked about that second hose...I wish that Ford would just do this at the factory, raising the cost of my Mustang from $50,302 to $50,422 by having these quality parts installed originally is no big deal, in fact, I just added retail costs, there would barely be a noticeable difference in window sticker cost !
I tell myself the same thing all the time. These cars have so many weak or inferior parts on them that it’s ridiculous. My car is currently in pieces undergoing major power train upgrades. These are things that many Mustang owners would gladly pay extra for.

I’m waiting to hear from others with the 3160 manual trans in the M1’s as to how well they hold up. There must be something brewing in that arena though because Ben Calimer is now offering a Stage 3 rebuild for those. While I didn’t have any breakage issues with my MT82-D4, I believe I would have over time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
…they always quote customer feedback but I am never asked!

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
The discussions and photos of the factory plastic clutch fluid line have me a bit nervous … being aware of better solutions I feel that I would be negligent if I did not replace mine with an aftermarket upgrade.
This brings up the question, What is the Best Clutch Fluid Line Available Out There?? Money is no object, I am looking for the best quality. I see Steeda and McLeod pop up but is either of them the BEST, or does somebody else make the best one…I don’t want to replace the plastic line with a braided line with a poor end fitting or tgat is poorly crimped…or are they all the same, of equal quality where I couldn’t go wrong with any of them…I thank you in advance for your responses.
This is the GO-TO upgraded clutch line. We have plenty of them in stock here at www.lethalperformance.com!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/mcleod-mustang-clutch-line-upgrade-all-05-2014-mustangs.html

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
Does this McLeod Clutch Line also fit a Mach 1? I'm asking because the Mach 1 has the Tremec TR-3160 instead of the Getrag MT82 of the Mustang GT.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Does this McLeod Clutch Line also fit a Mach 1? I'm asking because the Mach 1 has the Tremec TR-3160 instead of the Getrag MT82 of the Mustang GT.
Should, but better consider the hot parts / J&M line, because that's the original Ford Performance M-7512-B
design:
https://hotpart.com/product/jm-prod...-steel-clutch-hose-for-2015-present-mustangs/
You can add the McLeod bleeder but don't need it, if you have a vacuum pump for degasing.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mcl-139250
Sponsored

Last edited: