Sponsored

Aftermarket Clutch Fluid Line

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
The discussions and photos of the factory plastic clutch fluid line have me a bit nervous … being aware of better solutions I feel that I would be negligent if I did not replace mine with an aftermarket upgrade.
This brings up the question, What is the Best Clutch Fluid Line Available Out There?? Money is no object, I am looking for the best quality. I see Steeda and McLeod pop up but is either of them the BEST, or does somebody else make the best one…I don’t want to replace the plastic line with a braided line with a poor end fitting or tgat is poorly crimped…or are they all the same, of equal quality where I couldn’t go wrong with any of them…I thank you in advance for your responses.
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
My Steeda replacement came yesterday, I think anything is better than the factory piece.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
thanks, NGOT8R, the description and photos of the Steeda do look favorable, it appears, at least, to be well made…
You’re welcome. Are you going to add the Steeda clutch to master cylinder supply line too? I have one, but haven’t installed it yet. I think I‘m going to soon though.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
You’re welcome. Are you going to add the Steeda clutch to master cylinder supply line too? I have one, but haven’t installed it yet. I think I‘m going to soon though.
I ordered that as well, figured I would do both at the same time.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
When I pulled mine a couple of months ago to remove the transmission, I put a vacuum cap on the transmission end of the hose to avoid dealing with such a mess. 10X less messy that way.

I still need to pick up a pair of long needle nose pliers to install the clutch to master cylinder supply line.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
When I pulled mine a couple of months ago to remove the transmission, I put a vacuum cap on the transmission end of the hose to avoid dealing with such a mess. 10X less messy that way.

I still need to pick up a pair of long needle nose pliers to install the clutch to master cylinder supply line.
Thanks for the vacuum cap tip. With help from my son, I think Im going to try and fill the line with a needle, to reduce the bleeding process.

In theory it sounds like it will work, my luck fluid will be everywhere:facepalm:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Coastal-Mach, if you get yours installed soon, please report back with any tips/pics that you may find helpful to us. Unfortunately, I’m still a ways off from being able to do this mod, but would like some insight if possible. Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, there are two lines? I was referring to the brake fluid reservoir to clutch line (I think), then there is a second one (the return line?) that you are referring-to?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the vacuum cap tip. With help from my son, I think Im going to try and fill the line with a needle, to reduce the bleeding process.

In theory it sounds like it will work, my luck fluid will be everywhere:facepalm:
Yeah, it gets messy. This time around makes the fourth time for removing mine and it is definitely messy. Have some towels on the ground and some brake and parts cleaner for post cleanup. This last time I decided to install the vacuum cap because I’ve now incorporated 196” of extra clutch line with my Hitmaster Clutch Hit Control System. No way I was gonna deal with that much fluid.

Note: Be careful when you remove the vacuum cap to make sure your o-ring doesn’t come off of the clutch line nipple with the vacuum cap.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Bullittproof

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, NGOT8R, I am glad that you asked about that second hose...I wish that Ford would just do this at the factory, raising the cost of my Mustang from $50,302 to $50,422 by having these quality parts installed originally is no big deal, in fact, I just added retail costs, there would barely be a noticeable difference in window sticker cost !
Sponsored