Aftermarket clutch and stock flywheel

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So, is there an aftermarket clutch that works with the stock Ford flywheel. I’m trying to help out a friend on a budget. This is for a 2016 GT.
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I've been doing some homework on aftermarket clutch options and emailed both Exedy and Spec. Both confirmed their single disc clutches will work with the stock flywheel. Just need to have it resurfaced. I'm not sure why vendor sites always list that you have to use the clutch manufacturers flywheel as well. I don't believe you need too in the majority of cases.

I would just email the clutch manufacturer direct to confirm.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Check out our Lethal clutch packages. They are great combos which do not break the bank. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...ion/clutch-kits-1/lethal-performance-clutches
I'm looking for a new clutch setup, and this will be one of my considerations. My car makes 850/625 at the tires, is this clutch going to handle that in a full weight S550? I saw Jared say that Calimer is running this clutch in his personal Gen5 Whipple car, but dont know the weight and power he's running. Would love to see some real world reviews of this clutch. How's the engagement point, chatter, pedal pressure, what kind of abuse can it take???

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I'm looking for a new clutch setup, and this will be one of my considerations. My car makes 850/625 at the tires, is this clutch going to handle that in a full weight S550? I saw Jared say that Calimer is running this clutch in his personal Gen5 Whipple car, but dont know the weight and power he's running. Would love to see some real world reviews of this clutch. How's the engagement point, chatter, pedal pressure, what kind of abuse can it take???
You will need our LPXHD for that power range. Our street warriors handle only up to 700. Here is the one you need. https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-23-spline-1-000-hp-2011-2017-mustang-gt.html

Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
How does the pedal effort of the LPXHD compare to the LPX? Do you have any direct feedback from customers? I understand from Jared's video yesterday the the clutches are identical except the HD has a higher clamping pressure from the pressure plate.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
How does the pedal effort of the LPXHD compare to the LPX? Do you have any direct feedback from customers? I understand from Jared's video yesterday the the clutches are identical except the HD has a higher clamping pressure from the pressure plate.
Correct very similar between the two and has a Mcleod feel.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Both have very smooth engagement. They are an aggressive/tough clutch and are made with kevlar. This will yield less friction and allow it to last a lot longer than a ceramic clutch like a Mcleod RXT which will also be a bit harsher on the transmission.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We just got a ton of Lethal LPX and LPXHD twin kits in stock as well as more Street Warrior 700's and Street Fighter 525's. For any of you looking into a new clutch setup feel free to give us a shout and we'll be glad to walk you through your options.
DBFED6AD-23CD-41C7-B35B-2B3BFB8D66BB-L.jpg
Sponsored