Sponsored

After your P Zeroes wore out, what tire did you go to?

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
My factory P Zero Nero 255/40 ZR19 all-seasons are down to 3/32 after only about 19,000 miles on the road (that's being generous-car has 23,000 miles on it, and ran I dedicated wheels/snows for 2 winters, about 4-5,000 miles total).

I want to stay with all seasons, but want to find a tire that sticks as well as the Pirelli but wears better. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ could be an option.

What's everyone using that stayed with all season replacement tires?

:confused:
I upgraded wheels (6GR's) and tires 285/35-19 BFG g-Force Comp 2 A/S's that [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] did for me and could not be happier.
Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I have the RE-11 on my GT350 right now, solid tires when they warm up.
Yea it really is kind of funny how they have to warm up. Reminds me of my old race cars. When I daily'd my old Cobra I had them on all four corners. The unfortunate side is I drove it in extremely cold weather so they'd clop like a horse till they got to mildly warm. I had to basically do a rolling burnout to warm up the back tires before I got on the highway. Every. Single. Morning. Mo

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I upgraded wheels (6GR's) and tires 285/35-19 BFG g-Force Comp 2 A/S's that [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] did for me and could not be happier.
It was a pleasure hooking you up brotha. :thumbsup:

Yea it really is kind of funny how they have to warm up. Reminds me of my old race cars. When I daily'd my old Cobra I had them on all four corners. The unfortunate side is I drove it in extremely cold weather so they'd clop like a horse till they got to mildly warm. I had to basically do a rolling burnout to warm up the back tires before I got on the highway. Every. Single. Morning. Mo
lol your telling me, My 350 loves to swing and scare the shit out of me if the tires arent warmed up.

Pretty much a Ninja move :ninja:

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
How important are the tire sizes, I read people installing new tires which are not the exact same size like stocks. my pp ecoboost has stock summer p zeros with 255/40/19 and am planning to change to DWS with same size, but also interested to know what other sizes I could look into and how it affects the performance?

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
How important are the tire sizes, I read people installing new tires which are not the exact same size like stocks. my pp ecoboost has stock summer p zeros with 255/40/19 and am planning to change to DWS with same size, but also interested to know what other sizes I could look into and how it affects the performance?
You can very the sizes aslong as it works right on the car, In your case since your wheel width is not very wide the 255 is perfect.

OP
OP
Sc00ter

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I am a big fan of the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

I currently have a set of 275/40 R19's (my second set of them actually) on my 2011 GT and I will be getting a set for my 16 GT when the Pirellis are toast. The first set I had on the 2011 lasted 60,000 miles. Phenomenal tires - enough grip to legitimately be a high performance tire when dry, excellent wet performance, very quiet, and last a very long time.

From time to time, Costco offers the A/S 3+ for quite a bit less than anyplace else I have seen them.
Just bought the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ at Costco for $231.99 each - something new.

I've run BFG T/A and g-force for years, great grip but noisy, harsh ride and not much road feel (still worth it); replaced g-force with the Conti DWS on my Scion tC (based on rave reviews from Mustang owners) to reduce rough ride and noise, but the car didn't like them - they felt greasy on the Scion, grip went away at about 1/2 tread life, and the first small pothole I went through ripped a hole in the sidewall. And the factory P Zero all seasons were great but just didn't last.

I can't lie - the 45,000 tread wear warranty on the Michelins is a big plus too.
:D

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Just bought the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ at Costco for $231.99 each - something new.

I've run BFG T/A and g-force for years, great grip but noisy, harsh ride and not much road feel (still worth it); replaced g-force with the Conti DWS on my Scion tC (based on rave reviews from Mustang owners) to reduce rough ride and noise, but the car didn't like them - they felt greasy on the Scion, grip went away at about 1/2 tread life, and the first small pothole I went through ripped a hole in the sidewall. And the factory P Zero all seasons were great but just didn't last.

I can't lie - the 45,000 tread wear warranty on the Michelins is a big plus too.
:D
Keep us posted on some reviews, I know their solid tires.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
For all you Continental fans, how does the road noise with them compare to the P zeros?
Thks

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
For all you Continental fans, how does the road noise with them compare to the P zeros?
Thks
Nevwr drove my car on stock pirellis but the DWS are pretry quiet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sc00ter

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Keep us posted on some reviews, I know they're solid tires.
First impressions:
For ultimate grip, the P Zeroes edge the Michelins out by a little bit. Ride's great, similar noise levels. Similar resistance to following road grooves, too. Good tires so far.
:thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
A guy in my Mustang club won an 1/8 mi. drag elimination night on Michelin A/S tires... twice. Brenspeed tune, intake, exhaust, PP wheels, Michelin A/S tires. MT PP car. :)

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I think I'm going to give the General G-Max as-03 a shot. I've read some good things about them and they're like $143/each at Tire Rack right now.

T8stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black 401A
I purchased a set of rear tires for my stock P-Zero's 800 miles ago. I decided to go with the Nitto G2. 780 miles later I get a nail in one of the rear tires and it can not be repaired. I was informed the G2 is on back order for a "couple of months" and they gave me a loaner tire Hankook V12. So my car has P Zero's in the front and a Nitto and Hankook in the rear. I felt my hand was forced because I obviously want matching rear wheels. My option was to keep the V12 or order another tire besides the G2 because he cant have me on a loaner tire for "a couple of months" I went ahead and paid the difference to Discount Tire for an Invo and ordered another as well. Totally sucks, I'm thinking of changing my order to BF Comp2's in case anyone else wanted to chime in between now and tomorrow morning. Any advice would be appreciated. I begin my new job in January so funds are tight and I cant buy 4 new tires, but it ends up I basically did because these G2's were purchased like 2 months ago SMH

Last edited:

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
I'm running Nitto NT555 275/35/20 front and NT555R 305/35/20 rears. It's aggressive and hooks up very well. Only downside is that driving in the rain on drag radials can be a bit sketchy at times LOL :headbonk:
Sponsored