AFD ProFlex E85 Commander Journey w/ GT350

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Also if you guys have the new units and don't want to wait for the harness try the workaround. Your only out $5 fuse tap and piece of wire.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The more ethanol content the worse it seems to get. Random misfire codes, low power.

Makes me think although the workaround got it powered on, it may not be a real fix.

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I hope I don't foul my plugs..
Yeah that's a little strange. I wonder what's goin on. I wonder if timing has anything to do with it, because you did notice a change after your workaround.

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Put the kit in my 16 Yesterday install was easy, But I'm having trouble connecting with the app. I hit connect on my phone and it says scanning for 5 mins. Is this normal or does it find the unit right away?

Sponsored

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just watched this. Interesting thing...I noticed lastnight that dual spp was on my Bluetooth so I know its hooked up properly it just won't connect. SMH Im going to uninstall the app clean up the ground connection and try this all over again. Thanks for the help!

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Just watched this. Interesting thing...I noticed lastnight that dual spp was on my Bluetooth so I know its hooked up properly it just won't connect. SMH Im going to uninstall the app clean up the ground connection and try this all over again. Thanks for the help!
Make sure you have location permissions for the app, also try connecting with the engine off ignition on and see if it changes.

OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yeah that's a little strange. I wonder what's goin on. I wonder if timing has anything to do with it, because you did notice a change after your workaround.
the trims are just around +-10% around 1. So the system is working,and afr at idle is on target. Under load its more or less good, a bit rich imo.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
the trims are just around +-10% around 1. So the system is working,and afr at idle is on target. Under load its more or less good, a bit rich imo.
I think most guys who are getting this kit are expecting it to simply be as advertised, plug-and-play and drive away. I don't have an ngauge and I presume most don't either. so we can't monitor or log under load.

I know you will report back on Monday when you talk with afd thanks man.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I think most guys who are getting this kit are expecting it to simply be as advertised, plug-and-play and drive away. I don't have an ngauge and I presume most don't either. so we can't monitor or log under load.

I know you will report back on Monday when you talk with afd thanks man.
You don't need an ngauge. $20 Bluetooth obd2 device can log trims and lambda.

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Almost for sure your location permission. Go to the app setting on your phone and pic that one and enable all permissions. I had a similar problem.

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok update on my situation. Got my car to connect while KOEO but it disconnects at engine start up. Does this mean my brain box has no power while engine is on. Do I have a Voltage Regulator in my 16?
Sponsored