Sponsored

Aeropaul's Competition Orange GT

aeropaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Here's my build log. It will be slow probably, because I'm really pretty busy most of the time, but I have (had) 2 weeks off from work for christmas and new years, so I had a bit of time to do some stuff I've been wanting to do since day one.

For now, it's just cosmetic.

Here's where I started with. I wanted the engine plastics to stand out a little more.

Here is my first shot at painting the coil covers

They turned out okay, but you can see where I had to touch it up, which looked dumb. So I wet sanded down the touch-ups, and re-coated it in orange. I masked out the recessed lettering by filling them up with water. Here is a pic as they came in the house after drying.

I used a cold water stream and a pocket knife to clean off the paint from the masked areas. It just flaked away, so it took a grand total of 20 minutes. The lettering was much more crisp this time around and it hid the touch-ups.

Here are the coil covers finished. I let them dry overnight, then cleaned them with IPA, then sprayed them with 3 coats of clear engine enamel.

Here is the finished intake cover. This took a couple of coatings to get right, since I masked the orange coat before it was really cured enough. I had to repair some peeling by wet-sanding and recoating. It was painful, but worth it.

Here's the parts together before install.

Here they are installed.

Full album:
http://imgur.com/a/s9Gjc
Sponsored

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Looks really good, really ties the engine compartment together.

OP
OP
aeropaul

aeropaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Next was the tail light sequencer. Simple. The 2010-2014 Raxiom sequencer works on the 2015. But it's ever-so-slightly more involved to get to the tail light harnesses.

First, remove the back hard plastic trunk panel, which is already done in this pic. Four knob nuts twist off, then pull it up and forward to remove the back panel. Then, to remove the LH and RH liners, just pop the black plastic push-rivets. One of them is shown at the top of this pic, the other is toward the front of the liner. I didn't remove the front one, and I just moved the liner out of the way.

After you move that liner out of the way like so:

You pull the tail light harness apart and insert the Raxiom sequencer. Easy-cheezy.

Here is a gif of my tail lights with the hazards on. Looks bitchin!

http://i.imgur.com/X0Ff9uX.gifv

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Nice! The sequencer? Why? I thought they came stock with sequential tail lights. Is this only for the hazards?

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Nice! The sequencer? Why? I thought they came stock with sequential tail lights. Is this only for the hazards?
Only the indicators are sequential stock, the sequencer does it for everything; brakes, hazards...
Sponsored