Sponsored

Advice on what to do for power gains w/ warranty?

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
Hey y'all,

I have a 2018 Mustang GT (manual), had it for almost a year now and love it. Have around 9k miles on it so far, and I originally purchased an extended warranty with it to 100k miles for $1500.
I was wondering what ways are there for me to really see some power gains without voiding my warranty?
I wish I could tune it, get a CAI, and pump some e85 in there, but I know all of that voids my warranty sadly.
I was even thinking if my extended warranty was even worth it and I should return it(?), considering I only add 10k miles a year to the car and I know Ford already gives a standard 60k power-train warranty.
So far all I've done is a muffler delete and x-pipe. Maybe considering adding some headers at this point and a pedal commander for quicker throttle response. Besides that I pump higher octane gas from time to time 94 and 101 (t's a miracle I found some here in Cali).
I appreciate any tips and advice, thanks!
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
From my experience and many trips to the dealer if warranty is important do not touch it unless its wheels, suspension etc. I have power adders sitting on a shelf for over 3 years because I needed every bit of the warranty. Frankly I trust this car as much as I trust my ex wife.

OP
OP

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
From my experience and many trips to the dealer if warranty is important do not touch it unless its wheels, suspension etc. I have power adders sitting on a shelf for over 3 years because I needed every bit of the warranty. Frankly I trust this car as much as I trust my ex wife.
Solid advice haha!
Sponsored