ctorres2332

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
Hi!

I adquired a Roush CAI i'm currently on stock tune.
But waiting on delivery of a Access Port to get a custom tune from Tune+

Has anyone got the Roush CAI for 2018+ and do a custom tune?

I still have my stock airbox with AEM high flow dry filter.
My AIT before the ROUSH Cai where about 3° - 5° C more than ambient when driving and never more than 15C when idling.

Now i see with the Roush CAI between 5° - 10°C more than ambient when driving and when idling up to 45° C more than ambient.

I could go in the labour of "sealing" the Roush CAI with weather seal and heat tape to close all the open gaps (that i tought where not there since the 2018 version has a lid) but there is space between the Intake tube and the Air box.

But would like to know if someone has been on my situation before and if would be of value to do this.
I only buyed the Roush CAI because i wanted more sound but honestly i can't tell a difference in sound with old intake and this intake.
Sponsored

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
All research I’ve done points to leaving the stock air box and using a good panel filter. Possibly just change the intake pipe for a smoother one. Lowest temps are recorded with the stock one in place.

Ho Lee Chit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Ragtop
I also had a Roush CAI, the active word is had. My temps went up, same as yours does. Also wasn’t crazy about the sound from it, but that’s me. I took it out after about 2 months and put the stock air box back in. I added a K&N filter and an Airaid intake tube and couldn’t be happier with that combo. No noise difference from stock, but a slight increase in performance.

OP
OP
ctorres2332

ctorres2332

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
I ended up selling it and ordered the airaid intake tube.

Anyone know if those extra 400 cfm they claim on the webpage are something noticeable?

I have the stock airbox a AEM dryfilter and the velossatech Ram duct.
The new addition is going to be the airaid tube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Mustang Ecoboost
I saw this thread after I found '18+ Roush CAI cheap locally and installed it... wanted sounds too OP... didn't get any. Though I wondered why IAT's were at the very least in the +20*F range for the week I had it on it. Ultimately this thread made me take it off, and sell it myself. Which it did surprisingly fast.

Went back to stock tube/box... but this time with a green filter drop in instead of the K&N and that's how my car will stay.

OP
OP
ctorres2332

ctorres2332

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
I saw this thread after I found '18+ Roush CAI cheap locally and installed it... wanted sounds too OP... didn't get any. Though I wondered why IAT's were at the very least in the +20*F range for the week I had it on it. Ultimately this thread made me take it off, and sell it myself. Which it did surprisingly fast.

Went back to stock tube/box... but this time with a green filter drop in instead of the K&N and that's how my car will stay.
Yeah me neither heard difference. I removed the black liner on the hood and got more sound in cabin from the BOV.

And trying to get as colder air as possible since where i live is always 32°c or around 90F

The new Airaid tube has arrived but will install it on weekend.
Sponsored