Sponsored

AdvanceTrac Service, ABS , Traction Control lights On

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
I took my 2015 Mustang into the dealer on Wednesday because I was getting the AdvanceTrac Service, ABS, and Traction control lights illuminated on the dash. Today the dealer called me and told me that they found a problem in the left rear or the car. They actually asked me to come in so they could show me the issue.

He showed me on the passenger side that the black ring i highlighted with yellow arrow in the below picture was intact but on the driver side it was missing. He then showed my the Knuckle where that black ring had busted into pieces and was covering the ABS sensor.

Anyway, My car was lowered with BMR springs and the service guy started to tell me that ford may decline the warranty work??? Has anyone every seen this issue before and could it have honestly been caused by a lowered vehicle?

Sponsored

OP
OP

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where is the ring that is damaged these both look fine???
The service manager would not let me take a photo in the drive bay. The attached photo is one I found online. On my actual car the driver side ring is completely gone. All that is left is the pieces that were visible in the Knuckle itself.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The service manager would not let me take a photo in the drive bay. The attached photo is one I found online. On my actual car the driver side ring is completely gone. All that is left is the pieces that were visible in the Knuckle itself.
That's about the biggest line of bullshit I ever heard.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
If it was never apart, ie you never removed the axle nut the axle is clamped into the hub, that ring is pressed up tight to the hub bearing. If you had that apart I understand shit happens but if not there is no way for that ring to fall out unless is fell out at the factory during assembly. The ring is always clamped but the preload of the axle nut.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it was never apart, ie you never removed the axle nut the axle is clamped into the hub, that ring is pressed up tight to the hub bearing. If you had that apart I understand shit happens but if not there is no way for that ring to fall out unless is fell out at the factory during assembly. The ring is always clamped but the preload of the axle nut.
I personally never took that assembly apart, I would have no reason to..From what the service manager showed me when he walked me back to my car in the drive bay was the knuckle housing on the floor and the shaft still attached to the car..The shaft was missing the ring and then there was what looked like busted pieces of the ring all sitting on top of the bushing inside that knuckle that was on the floor.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I have the same issue + my power steering has stopped working and the dealership is blaming my tune. Hopefully your experience with the dealership will be smoother than mine. Keep us updated!

Last edited:
OP
OP

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same issue + my power steering has stopped working and the dealership is blaming my tune. Hopefully your experience with the dealership will be smoother than mine. Keep us updated!
Hopefully, I have never had my car tuned...My BMR springs is the only major mod to this car so far

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Did the dealer replace the half-shaft for you? My car's currently being repaired for the same issues + more and the dealer said a bad wheel hub sensor is the culprit and is a fairly common point of failure on the new S550's.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I took my 2015 Mustang into the dealer on Wednesday because I was getting the AdvanceTrac Service, ABS, and Traction control lights illuminated on the dash. Today the dealer called me and told me that they found a problem in the left rear or the car. They actually asked me to come in so they could show me the issue.

He showed me on the passenger side that the black ring i highlighted with yellow arrow in the below picture was intact but on the driver side it was missing. He then showed my the Knuckle where that black ring had busted into pieces and was covering the ABS sensor.
Did the dealer replace the half-shaft for you? My car's currently being repaired for the same issues + more and the dealer said a bad wheel hub sensor is the culprit and is a fairly common point of failure on the new S550's.
Hey guys,

Are both of your Mustangs still at the dealer? Please send me a PM with your VINs, updated mileages, servicing dealers, full names, and contact numbers; I'll see how I can help on my end.

Rachel

OP
OP

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to give you guys an update. Yes the dealer replaced the half shaft and at first all problems seemed to go away. I no longer got any of the warning lights on my dash but I have been noticing that the ABS seems to be kicking in all the time when I break now. I do not get any kind warning lights but i can feel and hear a thump noise when i apply the break and stop. I am not slamming the break at all but it only happens under a heavy break like going from 45 mph down to 20 mph it will happen ever time.

Any ideas from the community?

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I can't say for sure what it is since the half-shaft replacement seemed to fix mine but I would definitely take it back to dealer if you can replicate the problem with a tech in the car.

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium , Kona Blue, 10 Spd Auto
Well, this exact thing happened to me a few hours ago. Was just putting around to the car wash when this happened. I'll be taking my car into the dealership in the morning.

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP / Jeep TJ
Just got this on mine. Looks like a trip to the dealer tomorrow.
Sponsored