Sponsored

Advanced Fuel Dynamics...see GT350/R specific product

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just watched her video. She says with the Lund tune there is a delay in determining ethanol content. The delay amounts to about five minutes of driving while the ecu calculates, after which the parameters are fixed until the next fuel fillup. Hardly a disadvantage.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
All this kit offers is an option. Yes you can get a flex tune; that is not in question. Is a Lund or PBD tune cheaper? Yes. One thing I know you can't do with a tune is completely remove it if you have engine problems and need to get a motor warrantied. With this kit you can. I am not trying to sell anyone on this kit because the only skin that I have in this discussion is the money invested in the kit and install. To me, a dyno tune is always going to be the best option. If this kit works, it just adds another option to the community. At the end of the day, just maybe that's all Dorace is looking to find out.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
That delay means that if you throw E85 in the tank on an aftermarket tune and do not allow the ECU to recalibrate, going balls out could result in potential engine damage. If I am not mistaken, you also have to run the tank down to damn near empty if you have 91 or 93 before you put E85 in. Correct me if I am wrong someone. I can run any percentage of E85 anytime with this kit and not have to worry about the recalibration factor. Again ladies and gents, if it works it's just an option for those who do not want to void your warranty with a tune. If it doesn't, then it's money wasted but if you have owned performance cars in the past, it probably won't be the first time money has been wasted on a mod. Been there, done that.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I tell you what though; I applaud her for taking the chance and risk losing subscribers and being called everything but her first and last name by the ten foot tall internet bullies who love it when people fail. That's why people don't post stuff that they try outside of the norm for their own curiosity because the naysayers are quick to counterpoint; most times without proper research of their own. Then they pile on if the results are not up to their "standards". Grace and mercy should be shown in winning, as well as losing. Maybe that's why I let very few people know what I have on my car and I never raise my hood. Like one of my best friends who is a car aficionado once told me, "Let them do their own R&D!" The fact of the matter is that you are not getting significant horsepower out of these cars without spending money; whether it be a tune, forced induction or bolt-ons, which are very limited for a 350.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I can tell you guys no parts are needed to run e85 other then the tune. 15-17 Mustangs 5.0 has a flex fuel tune which can run on both with same tune. Also on 18-19 ones we almost have the flex fuel ready but still have a e85 tune. Let me know if you guys have any questions my name is Jake. Message me or call me at 313-561-5500 thanks everyone

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Not sure I agree about the comment of Dorace not caring about blowing her motor. Not knowing her from a can of paint but when you take into consideration the cost of the kit which is $1K versus the cost of a Voodoo engine, which last I checked clocks in around $20K, not sure she would just take that risk because she has money. The mods that she has done thus far are not overly expensive so it looks like she has a plan on what/where she is going with this build.
I bet her sugar daddy has the money, BMW's laying around the garage next to the shelby, they seem pretty well off.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Video is up by Dorace. She went back to the stock intake and removed the Lund tune. Dynos are stock with just the Proflex Commander. Next Dyno will be with the JLT intake and Lund 91 tune. You can say not apples to apples since the runs are on different dynos so I think that the next Dyno will be the one that is the best comparison. For reference, in reading the comments she dynoed 462 stock on 91 octane.

Last edited:

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So on 91 she made 462whp

On e85 she made 488whp

This car on 93 is pushing 475whp

So basically on this kit 93 owners will gain about 13whp for $1000.

For me is not worth the money. What happens if the module fails? No fuel will be supplied to the car.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
What surprises me is the torque on Lund tune mixed e85/91 is 35lbs lower than stock tune with the commander.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The module only increases the injector pulse to solve for the e85. You can tell if the module has failed based on your Bluetooth connection to the module. If you read the comments attached to the video, she was also only at 54% per the Proflex Commander app on her phone which reads ethanol percentage real time. At about 70%, the e85 the gains would be closer to or more than 20 rwhp. I would bet that on her Lund 91 tune, JLT intake and over 60% e85 with the Proflex Commander that she makes more power than her dedicated Lund e85 flex tune and JLT. BTW, cost is relative. For reference, the guy Obsessed Garage that had a GT350 installed a flex tune and long tube headers then dynoed 498 to the wheels which is only 10 more rwhp than Dorace with just the Proflex Commander. Her out of pocket was $1000 and his out of pocket was around $3000 or more including install. So you decide who got more for their money when you put them head to head.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
And will someone please tell me what mod on a GT350 you can do without a tune for under $1k that nets any results close to what she got? Clearly rhetorical because there are none. Closest that you might get is Shifteck off road mid pipes with O2 extensions that have been proven to only net 9 rwhp. Again, the higher the content of e85, the higher the horsepower gain that you get with the Proflex Commander. Even a straight 93 tune on a bone stock engine will probably yield about the same results as this mod with the caveat being that you just potentially voided your warranty with the tune. On average, GT350's Dyno 460 - 470 rwhp stock on either 91 or 93 octane so the gain that she saw is 26 rwhp over her baseline stock dyno of 462 rwhp. That is within the 18 - 28 rwhp gained factoring in low side too high side gains on average stock 350's.

Last edited:

Stunt1o1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Altima - daily
She just posted a discount code for the kit.

Also, she ran the car with stock tune with the jlt intake that REQUIRES a tune and will not run probably because of the bigger maf housing. Wonder how the car ran great?? Lol

Got to love video editing.

She is bull shit and the kit is bull shit.

Is all about more views and more subscription and making more money.

Also, once you install the kit, you can't return it.
I agree. She install a BS program that made no difference to her car. She got the product for free and made a BS video about it. She should just stick with her Lund tune.
Sponsored