Sponsored

Advanced Fuel Dynamics...see GT350/R specific product

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I watch the video. She said she will Dyno it in a week. Plus she got the part for free. Wish I had a booty like her.
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
@Mjc1241

Any feedback on this part that you installed?
I took a good look at the info on the website. Received a reply to my question anout how the power is increased without adding timing. The answer was a bunch od bullshit. THe reason e85 work to improve power is because it allows you to greatly increase your timing. The fuel itself actually comtains significantly less energy (btu) than gasoline, but the advanced timing more than makes up for this. But, the response i received said nothing of this.
Verdict: I will stay FAR away from this “company”. It is fake science and will do nothing for you. Good luck if you choose to plunck down your $1,000 for nothing. Over and out.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I alternate E85 every two tanks of 93 octane. I have not had the care dynoed since I installed the kit back in early 2018. I am still running the stock tune but the car runs great with the kit. Car seems to run stronger, smoother and cleaner when I run E85; cleaner based on the fact that I have less soot in my exhaust tips on E85. I may dyno the car in a few months but I have other things that I need to address with my sons vehicle(s) right now and haven't been pressed about it in the year since install. The 51 rwhp that they claim is the kit on top of a vendor tune by, I assume, taking advantage of the increased timing and spark in the tune. The individual who's car did dyno the 51rwhp with both the tune and the kit posts sometimes on the GT350 Facebook group page. I did send him a message back in early December but have not gotten back a response. On a stock tune with just the kit, AFD claims up to 30rwhp. I know what my car dynoed stock with just a ported throttle body so if/when I do dyno it, I should be able to determine rwhp gains then. I need to add a "BUT" on this though because it will not be at the same dyno that I did my stock pulls at. Once Dorace does put her car on the dyno, I hope that she does a tuned pull, then adds E85 and does additional pulls to see what the kit makes coupled with her tune. If she does only pulls with E85 and the Lund tune, and the AFD kit with tune pull averages the same or more than her dedicated Lund E85 flex tune, then to me, it kind of validates that the kit works and how it works. Overall, in talking directly to AFD before purchasing the kit, as well as a few performance shops that actually run the kit, the premise is solid on how the kit works versus a "static" tune which Dorace pointed out. Current vendor tunes rely on the AFR reading from the O2 sensors POST combustion and do not read the value/content of E85 at the injector which is what the ethanol sensor in the kit does since it connects to each of the eight injectors directly. The tunes are static based on a corridor or parameter of E85 within the tune and adjusts based on the E85 introduced in the engine; how much of an adjustment, which is again post combustion, we do not know because we don't know how wide that corridor in the tune is and we all know of the inconsistency in the quality of E85 from tank to tank from different gas stations. That's my basic understanding and someone more knowledgeable than me can correct me. Additionally, there have been a few posts of guys running higher octane gas on the street and at the track, up to 98 or 100 octane on a stock tune, with good results and perceived increased power so there may be something built into the stock ECU to take advantage of higher octane gas by increasing spark and timing and we know that E85 is 104 octane. Again, this kit seems to take advantage of the increased octane and timing already built into the stock tune by increasing the injector pulse required when running E85, and stacked with a tune, taking advantage of the increased timing and spark over stock built into the aftermarket tune. I am not an expert on this kit so don't kill me if you do not agree. Full disclosure, I paid full price for my kit and had it installed at United Speed Racing in North Georgia; paying for the install out of my pocket as well. My feedback is fully unsolicited and not based on any financial or promotional incentive from anyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Not sure I agree about the comment of Dorace not caring about blowing her motor. Not knowing her from a can of paint but when you take into consideration the cost of the kit which is $1K versus the cost of a Voodoo engine, which last I checked clocks in around $20K, not sure she would just take that risk because she has money. The mods that she has done thus far are not overly expensive so it looks like she has a plan on what/where she is going with this build.

Last edited:

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Not sure I agree about the comment of Dorace not caring about blowing her motor. Not knowing her form a can of paint but when you take into consideration the cost of the kit which is $1K versus the cost of a Voodoo engine, which last I checked clocks in around $20K, not sure she would just take that risk because she has money. The mods that she has done thus far are not overly expensive so it looks like she has a plan on what/where she is going with this build.
Here is a good video comparing stock on 93, Lund-tuned 93, and Lund flex fuel.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
She just posted a discount code for the kit.

Also, she ran the car with stock tune with the jlt intake that REQUIRES a tune and will not run probably because of the bigger maf housing. Wonder how the car ran great?? Lol

Got to love video editing.

She is bull shit and the kit is bull shit.

Is all about more views and more subscription and making more money.

Also, once you install the kit, you can't return it.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Go back and look at the video. She say she ran her Lund 91 tune after installing the kit; not a stock tune.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So what's the point of this kit when you aleardy have a tune can run e85 without this.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have ran 5 gallons of 100 octane and felt no difference at all. The car will advance timing up to certain octane rating that is tuned from the factory (93) anything higher well you are just waisting money.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just something I guess she wanted to try to see if it makes power like a flex fuel tune. For people like me who do not want to run any sort of tune, this is an option. Once she dynos the car, I guess we will see if it does work. Why knock her when she is trying something different?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Dyno is not going to tell us (stock tune owners) anything. She is going to dyno it with 93 tune and this kit. Totally different.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My post earlier stated that I hope that she has two Dyno runs; one on her 91 Lund tune, then Dyno with E85. And even if she does not do two different runs and she dynos with the kit and her Lund tune and it makes the same or more than what she dynoed with the dedicated Lund flex tune, that would indeed verify that the kit does work. I am as interested as anyone since I have the kit to validate the Dyno numbers. My dime, my loss if it does but I suspect the kit works. It's been featured on Hot Rod.com from Car Craft magazne recently which may or may not mean anything to you or anyone else, but the premise behind the kit does have some inquiring traction.

Last edited:

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So what's the point of this kit when you aleardy have a tune can run e85 without this.
There is none. The Lund, and Livernois for that matter, tunes give optimal e85 results for less money and no additional hardware.As far as the method of determining ethanol percentage, Ford used to use ethanol sensors but switched to software-based when they introduced a more powerful ecu. GM still uses a separate sensor. Obviously Lund is comfortable with Ford's approach on millions of flex fuel vehicles.

OP
OP

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I will make sure to post once I Dyno my car for stock GT350 owners. Mind you that I have added a couple of mods to my car that will skew my original Dyno numbers, but it still is on the stock tune. Let's just assume that the mods I added result in 15 additional rwhp, which would put me in the 480-485 rwhp range. If the car say now dynos significantly above that with the only addition being the AFD kit, then that would, to me, validate the kit. If not, again, my dime, my loss. The one thing that I did with the speed shop that installed my kit and runs it on their own BMW race cars is flatly asked if the kit works. He pointed to the shop's M3, which he has the kit on, and without hesitation said "Yes." I did not buy the kit from them and they were not selling me anything; just gave me his honest assessment.
Sponsored

Last edited: