Adjusting camber in the rear?

nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Do you pull the arm in or out for less camber?
Thanks!
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
How hard is it to adjust to a measured point? The way my mechanic explained it is it's a crap shoot. You have to just guess how far to move it, put "it" back together and measure. If it isn't right, you have to do it all again. It sounded like whatever he had to do wasn't quick or easy.
Ya, it actually takes someone with a luke-warm IQ and actually gives a shit to get it right. I question your mechanic on both counts at this point.

If you don't want to do alignments, then find a new job. Chasing the car while doing an alignment is normal.

nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Less camber (a 'more' positive numerical value), you'll pull the arm outward.

More camber (a lower numerical value), you'll push the arm inward.
Thank you for the info!

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
How hard is it to adjust to a measured point? The way my mechanic explained it is it's a crap shoot. You have to just guess how far to move it, put "it" back together and measure. If it isn't right, you have to do it all again. It sounded like whatever he had to do wasn't quick or easy.
I use math and that makes it pretty easy. Measure camber, calculate change needed, jack up car, take off wheel, measure camber on the brake rotor, do math to figure out the target number for a hanging suspension, adjust, put car back together, check camber on the ground (itā€™s always right), set toe, done.

it might take two loops because toe adjustment changes camber a bit, but thatā€™s more causal than shooting in the dark.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Lazy lying mechanics suck. Yeah, it can be tedious but that is what it takes. Since when did job equal easy?

The trick to doing a DIY alignment is the cribbing used. Make sure the cribbing is level all around (a laser level is a must IMO) and make some plates for the front wheels (carboard works, but a couple dedicated floor tiles with marks on them is better). Also, don't forget to clock your bushings and you can't do that with the wheels hanging.

Use the Google for more info.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Take it to an alignment shop, donā€™t do the adjustments yourself..

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Also, don't forget to clock your bushings and you can't do that with the wheels hanging.

Use the Google for more info.
Iā€™m relatively convinced clocking the camber adjustment bushings is not possible without some aftermarket adjustment parts.

Take it to an alignment shop, donā€™t do the adjustments yourself..
youā€™ll never align a car with an attitude like that šŸ™ƒ

nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Just another question, for the driver side wrench or socket, will fit.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m relatively convinced clocking the camber adjustment bushings is not possible without some aftermarket adjustment parts.

youā€™ll never align a car with an attitude like that šŸ™ƒ
If he has to ask which bolt changes the camber, then he's not qualified to do it correctly. pay a pro and get it done right!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
If he has to ask which bolt changes the camber, then he's not qualified to do it correctly. pay a pro and get it done right!
No one knows how to do anything before learning. Don't be afraid to make some mistakes. That's what learning is.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No one knows how to do anything before learning. Don't be afraid to make some mistakes. That's what learning is.

oh ok, so this is a lesson thread, I thought he was interested in adjusting his camber to get his car to perform better in the handling department. There's this tool I use called google. I use it to find stuff, it even shows you how to do stuff, it works pretty well...lol
Sponsored