Sponsored

Adding fuel Filter to Sai Li and GT500 vs GT350 Pumps

awdtsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
-8AN is a perfectly acceptable line size for Gt350 pumps. I'm actually thinking about going - 10AN feed / - 8AN return to future proof myself if I ever go triple pumps.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
-8AN is a perfectly acceptable line size for Gt350 pumps. I'm actually thinking about going - 10AN feed / - 8AN return to future proof myself if I ever go triple pumps.
I was going to try the same thing. I will be interested to see how this works out for you.

awdtsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was going to try the same thing. I will be interested to see how this works out for you.
Unfortunately I won't have anything to share for a while. My car will be going under the knife this winter and won't leave the garage until spring.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm still wondering if the gt350 pumps flow enough for an 8an feed line.
nothing wrong with a 8AN line, remember that the size of the line creates frictions which leads to pressure loss as the fluid moves from the pumps outlet and to the rails. This is the pressure loss you would be minimizing when going with a larger line. The pressure difference you save will lead to more fuel being moved by the pump since pumps flow more at when pressure is lower.

So say you have a 6an system and the pressure loss accross the entire system is something like 3psi(55psi at the regulator but 58psi at the pump). If you go with a larger line you will have less pressure loss, so it may now be 1-2psi pressure loss so it would still be 55psi at the regulator except now only 56/57psi at the pump. You can then go to that pumps chart and see what LPH it would be flowing at that pump pressure. This will tell you how much more LPH the pump can output.

So the "gain" in flow is dependent on the pressure loss across the entire system and how much of it you can minimize it. Get a fuel pressure gauge and hook it up on the pumps outlet then compare it to the regulator. Swap the hoses to 8AN and then see the difference. Now take that difference and compare it at to the pumps flow chart to determine how much more fuel is available to you now

So my personal opinion is a 8AN line will NOT hurt, how ever the gains in flow will be a few LPH more than a 6AN line. How ever if you are building from scratch the cost difference might be minimal enough to go 8AN from the get go. Going to be up to you though, I would be fine with 6AN lines on the gt350 hat(and it's how I offer my kit, 8AN being optional)

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
The stock line is 3/8, which is the same size as 6an. 8an would be an upgrade. Right?

Sponsored