Sponsored

Added Headers, Canned EB 91 tune, What Should be monitored on the data log, to check if retune Required?

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
Just added JBA Headers and full Exhaust to my 2018 GT A10 W/Stage 2 Edelbrock running canned EB 91 Pump Gas tune. When first installed them, I got the PO420/PO430 Codes. I added spacers to the rear o2's and no more codes. I've always throw some Torco Accelerator in the tank as Pump 91 in Phoenix is the Shits. Other than Knock +-, What else would you Guys monitor to see If a Retune is needed?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Did Edelbrock say that they will do re-tunes on their canned setups?

If yes, then only they can tell you. Generally it's lambda, knock, timing, mass airflow, throttle position, rpm, speed, cam timing, buncha temp sensors etc.

If no, well then there's no point in doing anything unless you get another tune, at which point that tuner will tell you what to log for them.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just added JBA Headers and full Exhaust to my 2018 GT A10 W/Stage 2 Edelbrock running canned EB 91 Pump Gas tune. When first installed them, I got the PO420/PO430 Codes. I added spacers to the rear o2's and no more codes. I've always throw some Torco Accelerator in the tank as Pump 91 in Phoenix is the Shits. Other than Knock +-, What else would you Guys monitor to see If a Retune is needed?
Timing, lamda, short term, long term, maf. But you should be fine if you’re check engine light is off

OP
OP

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I did some 5 gear pulls from 2k to eventually 7k WOT Knock pull .5 degree at 6-6500 all other RPM 0 or Added timing. Lambda showed .75 at 7k MAF was about 80. This was using pump 91 and Torco. I’m not looking for Max Power, Just Safety. Do these seem about right? I’m getting the pieces to go E85 this Summer and will get a custom tune. I would like it to live till then.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I did some 5 gear pulls from 2k to eventually 7k WOT Knock pull .5 degree at 6-6500 all other RPM 0 or Added timing. Lambda showed .75 at 7k MAF was about 80. This was using pump 91 and Torco. I’m not looking for Max Power, Just Safety. Do these seem about right? I’m getting the pieces to go E85 this Summer and will get a custom tune. I would like it to live till then.
Those numbers are fine little rich but fine

Sponsored

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Kona Blue A10
How is the fit of the JBA headers I have a set catted and uncatted connects been sitting in my basement getting ready to install. Thanks

OP
OP

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
JBA’s fit great. The quality of the long tubes were better than I expected. I was able to use all of the factory studs, did not have to remove the frame mounts and no contact with the steering,A/C Block or frame. I think the are way under rated. The install wasn’t hard just time consuming. I have a lift in my garage which i is the only way I would to do it. I learned a few things along the way that could have made the job easier and faster. Let me know if you are going to install them yourself and I can give you a few tips that may help.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
JBA’s fit great. The quality of the long tubes were better than I expected. I was able to use all of the factory studs, did not have to remove the frame mounts and no contact with the steering,A/C Block or frame. I think the are way under rated. The install wasn’t hard just time consuming. I have a lift in my garage which i is the only way I would to do it. I learned a few things along the way that could have made the job easier and faster. Let me know if you are going to install them yourself and I can give you a few tips that may help.
Did you support the engine from the top and remove the motor mounts. To me this is the only way

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Kona Blue A10
Thanks, I only got them because the one's I wanted were on back order at the time and someone at Beefcake did recommend them so I took a chance on his word. I am in the process of pulling the engine and they will be going on while i'm doing that. Again thanks

OP
OP

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I removed the engine brackets and loosened body bracket by the battery box. I also removed the nuts on the transmission mount. I raised the engine with a screw Jack on the bell housing, with the car on the hoist. In my opinion the screw Jack is the best, you can raise and lower the engine as needed to access the different fasteners.

OP
OP

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Like this. You need to be Houdini to get to some of bolts, this helps.

30B9AE27-574A-4A2C-ADE2-A21DD4BF5659.png
Sponsored