ClarksGT350

ClarksGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 & 2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Yes. I’ve been to Putnam a couple times to watch some friends run their cars. I’m joining a group that puts on a lot of weekends each year there !
I forgot when I bought my RS3 I got a free track day included at Autobahn. They called it a golden ticket. Haha. The irony. Hopefully it’s still good !
Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Yes. I’ve been to Putnam a couple times to watch some friends run their cars. I’m joining a group that puts on a lot of weekends each year there !
I forgot when I bought my RS3 I got a free track day included at Autobahn. They called it a golden ticket. Haha. The irony. Hopefully it’s still good !
I run with 10/10ths Motorsports or some if some other group pops up with good dates. I've found for other tracks there is often a group associated you can join up with and run. Now if you have some extra track fun money at the IMS (Indy) BMW now offers a HPDE type "Experience" a half day or full day merely around $1600 to $2500. You will drive some very fast BMW's though.

OP
OP
ClarksGT350

ClarksGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 & 2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
I run with 10/10ths Motorsports or some if some other group pops up with good dates. I've found for other tracks there is often a group associated you can join up with and run. Now if you have some extra track fun money at the IMS (Indy) BMW now offers a HPDE type "Experience" a half day or full day merely around $1600 to $2500. You will drive some very fast BMW's though.
yes I’m planning on running with 10/10ths !
Any advice you can give as far as tires/brakes ?
I was planning on putting motul 600 fluid in it. Also getting a set of Michelin 4S tires but I have no clue about what brake pads would work well for street/track use ?

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
yes I’m planning on running with 10/10ths !
Any advice you can give as far as tires/brakes ?
I was planning on putting motul 600 fluid in it. Also getting a set of Michelin 4S tires but I have no clue about what brake pads would work well for street/track use ?
whoo hoo! But damn dude you have a GT350, out classed me! Brakes yes, you can burn through your stocks first then get a set of Powerstop or Hawk their "track" or "performance" brakes. They'll have more metal for stopping than OEM pads and don't do ceramic! Ceramic is for street driving with less brake dust but not for track. If you don't work on your car or do brake pad swaps you'll want to get a place that does, the track brakes squeal a lot and make a lot of dust too.

Better fluid is good for not cooking it and losing your brakes. IMHO tires can be a) what you have money for and b) your skill level. If you are past Novice better track tires, the GT350 can run michelin Sport 4S, mine can't they're not made for GT's. But Continental just came out with the ExtremeContact™ Sport 02 which should be a good track tire. fwiw I listened to seasoned folks here that told me the best first mod was "seat time" and proved to be the good advice. I haven't decided on what dates I want to run yet but good chance I'll see you out there. We can talk smack about Miata's, sit in the shade as lie about how fast we were going.

Pads - Power Stop Track Day Brake Pads or Hawk DTC-50 are both favored by track rats here.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That 300,000 GT500 can’t be driven on the streets /registered ??
If you don't have emissions testing you wouldn't have a problem. Liability.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I like reading these forums and the multiple-car garages, with a GT350 and a GT500.

That's incredibly cool, good for you peeps, much envy and update us frequently! :clap:
Sponsored